Just ordered fuel power - questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered a small amount of FP to see how it may affect my car and I have a couple of questions.

My car is a 1995 BMW 525i M50TU 6 cylinder with 104,000 miles. I use preminum chevron 93 or shell v power 93 as my primary gasoline. I ocasionally use Techron fuel treatment.

I see reference on the fp page and forum to an "inital shock treatment" for new FP users. What does this mean and should I do it with Top tier gasolines such as I have been using?

Does FP affect your oil in any way? I know there is rumor/concern that many fuel injection treatments dilute your oil.

From users' UOAs, it seems apparent that FP does not cause the soft metal spikes that we see from other solvent type cleaners.

Shock dose is typically 2oz/5 gallons, I believe.

Top tier or not, try it like that. At best yoll have a bit higher cleaning capacity. After running a few tanks with fp, you might want to scale back past the 1oz/5 gals... I have not seen any MPG improvements in my vehicles, which were clean and well maintained to begin with, so I use it more for the preventative part, the ability to scavenge up water, and keep things lubricated better.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back