Techron dosing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they give a % range for the ingredients so from that perspective they are covered.

On the other hand they removed PEA from the MSDS so that may change what you decide to believe

But I simply go by the fact that they invented pea and are telling you how much a particular bottle will treat.

Originally Posted By: Obos
In fact, Walmart actually ask all suppliers for concentrated versions in order to reduce supply chain costs

Thankfully, our WM has actually started stocking the proper Regane products. Their price isn't any smoking deal, but they haven't had it long enough to see what rollbacks will be like yet, either.

Originally Posted By: Chevron Customer Support
The 10 oz size of Techron was developed specifically for Wal-Mart, as you have noticed. The reason was so Wal-Mart only had to stock one size of bottle. You are correct, the difference is the concentration of PEA. The 12 and 20 oz containers are the standard sizes for the Techron Concentrate Plus which are found in outlets other than Wal-Mart.

Originally Posted By: cchase
The 10 oz size of Techron was developed specifically for Wal-Mart, as you have noticed. The reason was so Wal-Mart only had to stock one size of bottle. You are correct, the difference is the concentration of PEA. The 12 and 20 oz containers are the standard sizes for the Techron Concentrate Plus which are found in outlets other than Wal-Mart.

Thanks for doing the legwork CChase.....I guess I'll have to believe Chevron on this one...

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: cchase

Thanks for doing the legwork CChase.....I guess I'll have to believe Chevron on this one...

..while in WM yesterday I looked at the 10 ounce bottle of Techron again.....it did say something about it being 'more concentrated' on the paper banner attached to the neck of the bottle (which I discarded for storage purposes)...

Techron comes in different flavors - different strengths.
Some are injector cleaners, and some SYSTEM cleaners.

Nothing wrong with a stronger dose at all.

I bought 2 1/2 price 20oz techron concentrate plus bottles tonight at AAP. Noticed the label - treats only 5 gals more than the walmart 10oz techron concentrate plus bottle. So here I am wondering the same thing.

Trying to figure out whats going on...There is more to techron concentrate plus than PEA. Other ingredients including a lube/protectant. Can they/would they concentrate all the ingredients to keep the mixture balanced? Would they add or subtract the % of different ingredients? More PEA, less lube/protectant? Just for walmart? I doubt they would do that. I can see packaging a different bottle, but not modifying the assembly or chemistry of the product, would think thats a huge costly undertaking. Maybe its more of a range, and the dosage is not as precise as we think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back