2013 mazda 6 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got a new 6 for the wife, does anyone know what filter i will find installed from the factory, i called the dealer and they want 15.00 for filter, i almost fell over, what filter from wally world can i use? what filters are you guys using on this application? thank you,
cb

Weird. Wix catalog is showing two different filters for this car, one is a cartridge and the other is a spin-on. But according to Mann, it's a spin-on, ML 1003, which would be equivalent to Wix 51348 or NAPA Gold 1348.

If her 2.5 liter engine is like the one in my 2012 Mazda 5 (what has a spin-on filter), you may well find a FoMoCo LF8J 14 302/ K3804 Mazda Motor Corporation black can filter.

Service filter is a Mazda LF-05-14-302B.

Aftermarket replacements:
Purolator (P)L10241
Fram / STP 3614
Motorcraft FL910S
Bosch 3330
Mobil 1 M1-102
K&N HP-1002
AC Delco PF53
Wix / NAPA 51348
Mann ML1003

The Motorcraft seems like the best bang for the buck - silicone ADBV and the dome-end bypass in a US-made filter for under $5 is hard to beat. I'm a big fan of Mann & Hengst filters for my VWs but in this case the Mann has all the outward signs that it's just a white can Purolator.

Order online from a Mazda dealer if you want/need OEM. My local Mazda dealer said they would even match another dealer's price, online or not. I paid under $7.00 for my Skyactiv filters.

I actually bought them on eBay from a Mazda dealer that sells through that site.

Assuming the 2.5L is similar in yours as in my 2010, it is my understanding that there were actually 2 different variations in production at the same time and that some took a spin-on and others a cartridge. Mine is a spin on and I have used Purolator Pure One, Bosch Premium, and Bosch Distance+ on mine, all with no issues.

Having said that, this seems to be a good place to get OEM parts at a significant discount to what the dealer charges: http://www.mazdaparts.org/

Last edited:
filters that site are showing for this car have different part # than anything mentioned here ,wonder what the deal is.
anything special about mazda filters or are they just a good average filter?

Originally Posted By: coolbird101
looks like it will be getting a fl-910s, thank you for all the help,

cb

FYI, you could also use a FL-400S if there's room for a longer filter. Our Saturn calls for a 910S, but I use the 400S since there's plenty of room for it.

swapped out the oil and filter today, used the fl910s and found it to be smaller than the factory filter, ff appears to be same size as fl400s, so that will be the go to filter once ive used the two fl910s up that i picked up. thanks for all your help guys.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Should be a Mazda p/n LF05-14-302B which has a MSRP of US$8.12

A Motorcraft FL-910S or FL-793 will work in its place.

+1. I have them to be outstanding on my Duratechs.

i know you like mobil 1, so here it is. i used mobil 1 today for the first time in over 10 years. had used valvoline exclusively. hopefully the engine doesent start ejecting parts. j/k
Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Should be a Mazda p/n LF05-14-302B which has a MSRP of US$8.12

A Motorcraft FL-910S or FL-793 will work in its place.

+1. I have them to be outstanding on my Duratechs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back