ever remove a 95 or so camry engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After trying a rear main stop leak for about400 miles and high mileage oil for the same time, i think i might have to take engine out to properly fix the rear main seal.Anyone ever do this engine? I want to find out if there's any particular problems to look out for,what'll make it easier,etc. Thanks!

I've had a slight rear main seal leak on the 4 Runner for about 100,000 miles...the 30 or 40 quarts of oil that I've bought over the last 10 years as a result of the leak sure beat pulling the engine...

Depends how bad the leak is...but pulling the engine is a PITA...

well, having enough space, time and money are all factors. i would definitely budget to replace the motor mounts, i doubt any of them will be usable. you should also consider replacing other oil seals while you have it pulled, oil pan, cam seals, etc. do as much maintenance with it out of the engine and you will save yourself heartache in the future.

You'll find lots of DIY info on CamryNation.com. Video, the whole works. They have a forum section for 1992 thru 2001.

I would give it longer than 400 mi. for HM oil to work. How much is it leaking? It may be easier to pull the transmission than the engine.

Originally Posted By: JamesBond
I would give it longer than 400 mi. for HM oil to work. How much is it leaking? It may be easier to pull the transmission than the engine.
usually after 15 minutes of driving,at a stoplight,i can see smoke come out from under the hood and smell it.Dang, I never even thought of pulling the trans instead of the motor! Thanks.See, I might of saved a lot of time and maybe a busted knuckle with this suggestion.

I've pulled the motor on a '90 camry and it wasn't too bad. It took a couple hours to get the trans and engine out and make sure nothing was broken and another couple of hours to get it all back in. The 95 should be similar since the transmission is the same and the engine is very similar as it's also a Toyota S block engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back