Motul 300V Ester Core oil launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: turbokick
Originally Posted By: buster
Has nothing to do with patriotism. It has everything to do with your overgeneralizations and completely inaccurate posts.

No. No way. What patriotism [censored]? Impossible...

Do you believe yourself? Who are you trying to lie?

Are you French?

It's a legitimate question, considering you just called me American.........

I really see there's no sence to keep responding. It's like arguing with your radio. Keep choozing Mobil 1 over Motul 300V, these cars are yours.

I don't (currently) use either, but think both are excellent oils. Mobil 1 is just readily available. To get Motul for my old girl, I'd have to buy it on Amazon or travel several hundred miles for it. I can now get exotic, boutique lubes locally like Amsoil, Eneos, or Lubro Moly if I had incentive to pay the premium...

Quote:
I frankly knew it was useless to share some information about Mobil 1 in a USA forum.

Patriotism>Quality.

The problem isn't 'patriotism'. You just don't really seem to have much useful information...

Last edited:
I really see there's no sence to keep responding. It's like arguing with your radio. Keep choozing Mobil 1 over Motul 300V, these cars are yours.

I frankly knew it was useless to share some information about Mobil 1 in a USA forum.

Patriotism>Quality.

Has nothing to do with patriotism. It has everything to do with your overgeneralizations and completely inaccurate posts.

Can you show me the inaccuracy in my posts, because if not the inaccurate one is you...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

I don't (currently) use either, but think both are excellent oils. Mobil 1 is just readily available. To get Motul for my old girl, I'd have to buy it on Amazon or travel several hundred miles for it. I can now get exotic, boutique lubes locally like Amsoil, Eneos, or Lubro Moly if I had incentive to pay the premium...

Quote:

Patriotism>Quality.

2. The problem isn't 'patriotism'. You just don't really seem to have much useful information...

1. If readilly availability is your basic inspiration in engine oil-choise I see no reason to keep arguing.

2. If you didn't find enough information in what I state I see no use in keep arguing.

Hey guys, just stumbing on this thread...
...so you're saying the Motul will be the best oil for my commuter Civic?

grin2.gif
wink.gif

I mean it is the PCMO forum, right?

Quote:
It's your car man, you can use whatever you want. If you think that holding an engine near the rev. limiter for hours in a 40C summer day is the same with a 7$ per cuart oil and with a 20$ per cuart one, it's your choice.

Many $7qt of oil can easily handle this. All of the Mobil 1 line in fact.

Quote:
Mobil 1 themselves confessed some time ago that group 4 and 5 basestock are too expensive to produce, that's why they replace them with a cheeper product invented by them called Visom

IMO Mobil 1 nowadays is a group 3 ¨synthetic¨, long way far from Motul 300V series

Wrong. Technology changes and the new Grp III+ base oils rival PAO and in some areas exceed them (solvency).

Mobil 1 is a mix of PAO/III+ and V base oils.

Quote:
I don't say Mobil 1 is a bad oil, I only say that there is no fair way to compare it with a true synthetic, top-end racing ester lubricant like Motul 300V, M1 is good for what it is, but it's not a first class racing oil like 300V and it is ridiculous to compare them.
Do you intent to convince me that a product that costs 3 times less than other product can be equally good, because if you do it I go out.

Mobil 1 makes racing oils, usually similar chemistry but with higher levels of ZDP. Mobil 1 0w40 is also considered a racing oil.

Quote:
only enterd in this thread because some people said they will always take M1 0W-40 over Motul 300V 0W-40 and I think that's ridiculous.

No, you're ridiculous. Mobil 1 0w40 is tried and true and has more approvals and testing behind it than Motul 0w40. It's also filled in many high performance cars.

Quote:
It's your car man, you can use whatever you want. If you think that holding an engine near the rev. limiter for hours in a 40C summer day is the same with a 7$ per cuart oil and with a 20$ per cuart one, it's your choice.

Quote:
Mobil 1 themselves confessed some time ago that group 4 and 5 basestock are too expensive to produce, that's why they replace them with a cheeper product invented by them called Visom

IMO Mobil 1 nowadays is a group 3 ¨synthetic¨, long way far from Motul 300V series

Wrong. Technology changes and the new Grp III+ base oils rival PAO and in some areas exceed them (solvency).

Mobil 1 is a mix of PAO/III+ and V base oils.

Quote:
I don't say Mobil 1 is a bad oil, I only say that there is no fair way to compare it with a true synthetic, top-end racing ester lubricant like Motul 300V, M1 is good for what it is, but it's not a first class racing oil like 300V and it is ridiculous to compare them.
Do you intent to convince me that a product that costs 3 times less than other product can be equally good, because if you do it I go out.

Mobil 1 makes racing oils, usually similar chemistry but with higher levels of ZDP. Mobil 1 0w40 is also considered a racing oil.

Quote:
only enterd in this thread because some people said they will always take M1 0W-40 over Motul 300V 0W-40 and I think that's ridiculous.

No, you're ridiculous. Mobil 1 0w40 is tried and true and has more approvals and testing behind it than Motul 0w40. It's also filled in many high performance cars.

What can be explained to someone who consider that the approvals an oil has are a demonstration of how good it is...

No REAL racing oil has any ACEA or API approvals for many reasons, if you don't know EVEN that it's useless to keep talking.

What can be explained to someone who consider that the approvals an oil has are a demonstration of how good it is...

About as much as can be explained to someone who thinks that racing oils are necessarily better than street oils for street cars.

Mobil 1 0w40 is also considered a racing oil.

The ridiculous one is you, if Mobil 1 0W-40 is a race oil no comment...

No REAL racing oil has any ACEA or API approvals for many reasons, if you don't know EVEN that it's useless to keep talking.

You clearly need to talk to the engineers at Mercedes and Porsche then and tell them to stop using M1 0w40 in their race cars at the 24hrs of LeMans. Obviously they are clueless dolts based on your position here.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

About as much as can be explained to someone who thinks that racing oils are necessarily better than street oils for street cars.

Not I began comparing Motul 300V with Mobil 1...

But the marketing people and some guy on the internet told me that if an oil costs alot of $ it has to be good! Even better if it contains unobtanium and has to be ordered from the other side of the world.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

You clearly need to talk to the engineers at Mercedes and Porsche then and tell them to stop using M1 0w40 in their race cars at the 24hrs of LeMans. Obviously they are clueless dolts based on your position here.

And you to talk with the ones that have chozen Motul over Castrol in so many BMWs (because BMW recomends Castrol), and with the ones that have chozen other brands for FIAT/Alfa Romeo/Lancia different of Selenia (FIAT/Alfa Romeo/Lancia recomend Selenia)...

There is so much wrong with that statement I don't even know where to begin.....

No, the approvals an oil has doesn't prove anything about the lubricant at all. We need elves and fairies sprinkling pixie dust 'round our heads whilst we chant Gregorian, stomping our staffs on the ground to really know. Obviously the extensive testing performed by manufacturers and the oil companies to guarantee a level of performance with regards to specs met and certifications obtained is useless drivel compared to the reliance on blind faith, hyperbole and conjecture. Those are much better foundations with which to form a solid reference point from.....
crazy2.gif

And you to talk with the ones that have chozen Motul over Castrol in so many BMWs (because BMW recomends Castrol), and with the ones that have chozen other brands for FIAT/Alfa Romeo/Lancia different of Selenia (FIAT/Alfa Romeo/Lancia recomend Selenia)...

People love using something the manufacturer doesn't endorse. That's human nature. What exactly does this prove, because as far as I can tell, absolutely nothing
21.gif

And it isn't like BMW, Porsche, Mercedes....etc don't have approval lists with oils other than the brands they have contracts with on them. I'm running M1 0w40 in my M5 because it is an LL-01 approved lubricant, which is what my car requires and I prefer Mobil to Castrol.

Mobil 1 0w40 is also considered a racing oil.

The ridiculous one is you, if Mobil 1 0W-40 is a race oil no comment...

Yeah...it's soooo ridiculous.

http://www.mobil1racingstore.com/buyracinglubes.html

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_0W-40.aspx

BTW, I like Motul and think some of their oils are excellent.

There is so much wrong with that statement I don't even know where to begin.....

No, the approvals an oil has doesn't prove anything about the lubricant at all. We need elves and fairies sprinkling pixie dust 'round our heads whilst we chant Gregorian, stomping our staffs on the ground to really know. Obviously the extensive testing performed by manufacturers and the oil companies to guarantee a level of performance with regards to specs met and certifications obtained is useless drivel compared to the reliance on blind faith, hyperbole and conjecture. Those are much better foundations with which to form a solid reference point from.....
crazy2.gif

Sorry man, really... I expected something more from you, this post is quite weak. It's obvious you have nothing constructive to tell in this occasion, it's better not to waste your time.
Regards.

I love Finland.

Seriously. That's one of the reasons I bought a Nokia recently.

I like Finland too.

This has zero to do with patriotism. LOL. At least for me. Funny thought though.

USA! Moibl 1! USA! Mobil !
grin.gif

I love Finland.

Seriously. That's one of the reasons I bought a Nokia recently.

I like Finland too.

This has zero to do with patriotism. LOL. At least for me. Funny thought though.

USA! Moibl 1! USA! Mobil !
grin.gif

You are both welcome to visit and get ripped off on oil LOL. Yesterday was independence day and I'm feeling so patriotic I'll provide a link to a Finnish oil:

http://www.delron.fi/english/car.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back