Valv PB 15w40 8,000 miles 07 D-Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valvoline Premium Blue 15W40 run for 8k, no make up oil added.
88000 miles on engine
Truck is not babied, nor is it beat on. Has a mild tune,EGR blocked and PCV rerouted, some towing ,lot of heavy hauling.

Wear Metals

Iron 3
Chromium 0
Nickel 0
Aluminum 0
Copper 0
Lead 0
Tin 0
Cadmium 0
Silver 0
Vanadium 0

Contaminant Metals

Silicon 6 (edited from 0; typo - MOD)
Sodium 4
Potassium 1

Multi Source Metals

Titanium 18
Molybdenum 41
Antimony 0
Manganese 0
Lithium 0
Boron 14
Additive Metals

Magnesium 871
Calcium 1001
Barium 0
Phospherous 943
Zinc 1082

Fuel dilution 0.7 - GC
Soot < .1
Water < .1 - FTR

Viscosity 100° C 13.3 cSt

TBN 5.8

Oil changed to Rotella 10w30 HDEO Syn-blend

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an interesting report. Who did the analysis? I know the Duramax is a low wearing engine but for the use and miles, those wear numbers look to good to be true.

Originally Posted By: volk06
That is an interesting report. Who did the analysis? I know the Duramax is a low wearing engine but for the use and miles, those wear numbers look to good to be true.

Kendall ?? They are in Indianapolis, and I get the kits for free through my oil distributor at work.

Originally Posted By: Bambam
Originally Posted By: volk06

Kendall ?? They are in Indianapolis, and I get the kits for free through my oil distributor at work.

I believe that is POLARIS

Originally Posted By: Donald
I have never seen a UOA with the silicon at 0. Seems hard to believe. If valid its an excellent UOA.

I just looked , it should be 6 for Silicon, my old eyes!
blush.gif

Bam- I can edit your UOA post for the silicone if you wish.

As for the rest of the numbers, I, too, find them a bit hard to swallow. The Dmax is a low wearing engine; that's true.

But to have zero wear excpt for Fe (and it too is stunningly low) seems too good to be true. Almost as if this is a VOA? Not saying you made a mistake, but the numbers are just nearly unbelievable. You can look over my article for a full analysis of the Dmax and get really good insight into what is "normal" for wear.
Here is the average data per 1k miles:
Al: 0.4
Cr: 0.0
Fe: 2.2
Cu: 0.5
Pb: 0.3

Having nearly 9k miles on the lube, I expect to see good wear from a Dmax. But not that good.

If, by some long shot, that is really how good the oil is running, then you could EASILY run that out to 30k miles. Look at the TBN, wear, vis, etc. Oddly - if this is Polaris, where is the Ox value???

Stupendous report, if it's really valid.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Bam- I can edit your UOA post for the silicone if you wish.

As for the rest of the numbers, I, too, find them a bit hard to swallow. The Dmax is a low wearing engine; that's true.

But to have zero wear excpt for Fe (and it too is stunningly low) seems too good to be true. Almost as if this is a VOA? Not saying you made a mistake, but the numbers are just nearly unbelievable. You can look over my article for a full analysis of the Dmax and get really good insight into what is "normal" for wear.
Here is the average data per 1k miles:
Al: 0.4
Cr: 0.0
Fe: 2.2
Cu: 0.5
Pb: 0.3

Having nearly 9k miles on the lube, I expect to see good wear from a Dmax. But not that good.

If, by some long shot, that is really how good the oil is running, then you could EASILY run that out to 30k miles. Look at the TBN, wear, vis, etc. Oddly - if this is Polaris, where is the Ox value???

Stupendous report, if it's really valid.

I am uncertain as to why my numbers seems so skewed? There is no OX indicated on the sheet they sent. Perhaps these "freebies" are not worth using?? Please edit my silicon number. BTW, we have some catching up to do, just got a motorcycle. I'll get some pics to you when I take some! 2003 HD FLHTC

Originally Posted By: mongo161
IMO....The Sodium reported seems to be way too low for a Valvoline Product.

Thanks for the post on your UOA.

I dont think valvoline uses sodium in the Premium Blue line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back