Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if anybody has tried using the product "Star Tron" which is an Enzyme Fuel Treatment? Is it the only game in town or does it have other competitors?
I did a search on the name "Star Tron" but nothing in this forum came up.
Many thanks!

I've used it for several years in my OPE, along with Stabil red. The guys at my local OPE shop advised me to use it to counter act the negatives of ethanol in fuel. It takes very little in my OPE fuel cans per the instructions on the bottle so it seems like cheap insurance. I can't say whether it works or not but I've never had a fuel problem since using it. Thanks

I use it in my lawn equip for cheap insurance and I have less issues than before I used it. I like the stuff. I would rather use a PEA cleaner for fuel systems like Techron, RedLine SI-1 etc.

I've used it.. never had anything positive or negative to happen.

It's pricey and I noticed no benefit so I stopped using it. I do use Sta-bil in all of my motorcycles and outdoor equipment.

in the same category of products such as Sta-Bil Marine Ethanol stabilizer & Lucas Safegard Ethanol stabilizer...all of them will keep the ethanol from separating out of gasoline and causing gum & varnish build up during periods of storage/low fuel usage; it's in my motorcycle and scooter right now and works fine (both were started/ran after my intended time of storage due to warmer than expected temps);

I'm NOT brand specific and I switch when I can get stuff on sale or get whatever I can when I run low; I end up using an ethanol stabilizer in the Jeep when it sits more during riding season and I noticed easier starting after sitting

Last edited:
Unbelieveable the claims some people have for this stuff.Like 5 more mpg,more power and all that fluff.They get a brand in their mind,think they have found the answer to the energy crisis and they run wild with it.

It's pretty pricey.....and I just don't quite get it (understand it).....it seems like a light oil-based additive....the "direct competitor" would be Sta-Bil Marine (blue, not the red.....)

I've heard all sorts of great testimonials with the StarTron (not Star Tron, which is likely why you got no results....)

I bought some because it claims to refresh stale gasoline. Not sure how that is possible.

Originally Posted By: FowVay
It's pricey and I noticed no benefit so I stopped using it.

A 8 oz bottle of Star Tron, which treats 128 gallons of gas, costs $8.96 at Walmart.

Originally Posted By: DaHen
Been using Star+Tron in my lawn equipment for several years.

......................................................................................................................and?

I just finished a second study of gas additives and Startron didn't do well at all. I need more time to put the pictures together and a site that can host a large PDF file.

Originally Posted By: steve20
Originally Posted By: DaHen
Been using Star+Tron in my lawn equipment for several years.

......................................................................................................................and?

Will continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back