Building a clem engine using cooking oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have started to build my version of a real Clems engine, using cooking oil and a powersteering pump.

After many month experimenting, I believe it's time to build a working prototype of a clem engine.

I always see people talk [censored], yet nobody is willing to get their hands dirty.

This is a test on the power steering pump, using 1hp electric motor.
PHP = q p / 1714

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1bAds_lhVs&feature=plcp

Tommey Reed

Last edited:
Repost: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...053#Post2816053

40.gif

Last edited:
Is this trying to do something like the Hydrogen Generator Craze from a few years ago. Heads up, Free energy is a myth!

Last edited:
To prove that the clem engine was the real deal, It's time to stop talking and build this engine.

Too many so-called engineers claim this won't work, yet nobody was willing to test the theories of the clem engine.

I believe the secret was a external pump to pressurized the cone where the jets produce enough thrust to rotate fast enough to create a higher output pressure and implosion(vacuum) effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TEvKAGpqOw&feature=plcp
This is a 30psi test run, using water pump last summer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TommeyReed
I always see people talk [censored], yet nobody is willing to get their hands dirty.

I am very willing to get my hands dirty. Just put new struts, balljoints, bushings, and control arms in my wife's Volvo. Hands were pretty dirty, though not as dirty as when I pulled the transmission out...

What I am not willing to do is waste my time on pseudoscience and crackpot ideas that don't work.

Clems engine is pseudoscience. It doesn't matter how hot the oil gets, you don't get more energy out than you put in...the engine simply doesn't work. Why can't you accept that?

Clem was a con artist and you've fallen for the ruse hook, line and sinker. Go ahead and build the engine...then take the pump out and tell me how long it runs...your water turbine won't keep running without the pump...and neither will this...

Last edited:
This explains the phenomena of what might be happening here.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/293/a-little-bit-of-knowledge

Launch Player.

Story, Sucker MC^2 starts @ 30:50

Quote:

Bob Berenz had a good job as an electrician. But he wanted to do something bigger. He came up with an idea for an invention. But as he studied physics texts to see if his invention could work, he happened upon the biggest idea of his life: A revelation about physics that would disprove Einstein, and Newton. That is, if Bob's right. Bob's friend, Robert Andrew Powell, reports the story.

Last edited:
What you don't see is the facts that energy is not wasted, in fact the rotational drum is mechanical work. The btu's is also energy that can be calculated into watts.

I have ran test in the summer that was able to do 1/3 of mechanical output as the decrease of input of the water pump.

The rotation of the drum is the extra work that is produce by the head pressure.

The fast the drum goes, the head pressure increase, as the imput power decrease...

Originally Posted By: TommeyReed
What you don't see is the facts that energy is not wasted, in fact the rotational drum is mechanical work. The btu's is also energy that can be calculated into watts.

I have ran test in the summer that was able to do 1/3 of mechanical output as the decrease of input of the water pump.

The rotation of the drum is the extra work that is produce by the head pressure.

The fast the drum goes, the head pressure increase, as the imput power decrease...

I watched your video when you linked it before Tommy, and all I saw was electrical energy turned into pressure (and some heat) that was turned into rotation of the drum (and some more heat). So what? So what if the head pressure dropped as the drum rotated? Congratulations - you've made Archimedes wheel 2,000 years later, turning pressure into rotation.

But you're still putting electricity in and getting nothing but rotation out. Turning electricity into rotation is hardly creation of anything...

If this really was creating energy, you could disconnect the pump and it would keep going.

But it won't keep going...deep down, you know that, or you fear that, so you won't risk your belief in the pseudoscience by trying that little experiment. There is too much emotional investment in the tautology...in the whole construct.

That proves nothing, output energy is still less that input energy. BTY, on your oil test, heat is wasted energy. If you are not using 100+% of your input energy to perform work, it is wasted. Heat = Wasted energy!

Really! You are clueless, I was able to pull 1/3 power off the drum last summer. I also was able to drop the input power as the drum rotated.

All I needed is higher pressure to get to the right rpm's to create it's owm head pressure due to the rotation of the drum.

The oil that is pressurized can also create heat, this can be used to supper heat water into steam, or even heat your home.

Nothing is wasted if you know how to reuse it!

Centrifugal force increases as the rotational speed increases. BUT, the rotational speed is caused by the exiting tangential flow. Yes the input pressure will decrease as the rotational speed increases and the centrifugal force increases.

However, put a load on the rotating section, and the rotational speed will drop, the centrifugal force will drop, and the the pressure will increase.

While this is an interesting combination of mechanical ideas, in some ways it reminds me of a torque converter, in other ways it reminds me of Archimedes wheel.

Bottom Line: If it ain't doing work, who cares if it is rotating fast, and if it were connected so as to be powering something, then the applied load will cause a drop in rotational speed that will cause a increase in the back-pressure that the pump sees. This is a mechanical means to transfer hydraulic flow and pressure (a form of mechanical energy) into rotational torque (an other form of mechanical energy). But there is nothing here suggesting in any way that it will provide more work out than the amount of work put into it.

Let's stop downing the dude and watch some of his other videos. He's got some pretty neat stuff that he's fabricated (it appears) almost entirely self-sufficiently.

You have a point, but you over look the Viktor Schauberger vortex theories.

One thing I do know is I have a design that I believe is the real clems engine. After all the the welding and different designs, making internal turbine pumps. It seem that he used a hydraulic external pump to drive his engine.

I will build this engine(some call it a transmission) and I will load test input vs output to see if this really did work...

People forget that this drum in the summer experiment has a mass weight of 20lb and rotated at 1200 rpm's

With just 30psi head pressure, to spin that mass take some real power.

Last edited:
Wow, an energy machine!

Seriously? People are still falling for this nonsense? I didn't have the patience to watch the whole video, but I see someone trying to turn electrical energy into mechanical energy.

So, the power plant is burning coal to create steam in a boiler to spin a turbine and a generator to generate electricity so you can use a power steering pump to spin some crazy drum? Yep, sounds efficient to me.

Congratulations on bypassing the laws of physics.

Get a life, you have nothing but a big mouth....Lets see your projets, I eat engineers for lunch!

Go in your books and copy the formulas and paste it to your chat room so you can feel smart!

Anyone can look up a answers to a problem, but to build something that works is another story!

I do it all, when it comes to prototypes, unlike those that just talk!

Last edited:
Actually, I find these kind of machines interesting, and I think it is a good thing for someone to challenge the physical restriction of trying to build an engine that produces more energy than it consumes.

These experiments when they are all done, at the very least are a great way to see how natures physical laws regarding energy somehow always manages some way to have some property that rises to the occasion to limit the available work out so as to not have it be more than the work put into the machine.

And as long as the person(s) building them do not break the bank (or louse the house) from the cost both in terms of money and time, then I say more power to them for having the get up and go to put into physical form that which they have in their mind(s).

When it is all over with they are a better machine builder, and often they have a better understanding of some of the physical properties involved than those who will not make the effort to put such things into physical form.

So to you TommeyReed, thank you for showing us what you are working on, and how it has progressed to date. More power to you.

Sincerely,

From JimPghPa

Christopher Columbus thought the Earth was a sphere. He was considered crazy. Nobody would sail with him because the Earth was thought to be flat and he would sail off the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back