What to do with $600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to sell a Savage MK2 with a few aftermarket parts. After that, or before even, I will have about $600 free. I am looking at three options

1. Buy a Savage FV-SR. It's what I ultimately wanted to do with the MK2 I have now, but it seems to work out cheaper to buy one already built the way I want. It will work out to about $450 or so plus scope.

2. Buy an AR upper for deer and pig hunting. Don't have that size covered, so it's more "necessary" than the .22. $4-510 for the upper, plus $50 for magazines.

3. Buy a ZK-22 or HTA 90/22 bullpup stock($300), barrel($100), and trigger($70) for your 10/22.

send the Money to me! got a buddy in serious need of a set of tires for his Vibe, and a serious lack of funds.

grin.gif

Last edited:
I would definetley say buy a gun but that may be big hassle in long run.

I would go to to shooting range and shoot a bunch of guns ( if you can ) than go get drunk with some people.

Shop around and get everything you need to build the AR-15 style rifle that you have always wanted.
Hurry up though. Prices of components are skyrocketing due to politics... again.

Originally Posted By: Shaman
Pablo, I have too much x39 stuff to go 6.8. If I went anything other than x39 it would be a 6.5G. Ballistics win.

If you shoot long distance, for sure. Anything less than 600M, irrelevant. Plus 6.8 ammo is coming online big time.

6.5G is as well. Steel case coming out soon, Wolf Gold for short range. If you have been on arfcom, you know the whole story and the .300WTF/6.5G/6.8SPC bicker contests. I have found, and hope to snatch up an AA Grendel Entry a few hours from my parents house, and hopefully it will be my Christmas present to myself. Then a car and SGW or ZK-22 stock for B-day. It'll be more than $600, but I think it will fill two niches, so I can smudge the limit a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back