Do seals get worse before they better w/ ARX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced their leak getting worse before it got better. Did it clear up after rinse cycle or did it reduce consumption during cleaning phase.

I am 800 miles into a trans treatment and the front seal is leaking worse than before. I am hoping this is normal and when I change fluid it will start getting better.

Any thoughts would be helpful

Thanks

Frank

It's a crap shoot, Frank. You don't know if the seal is shot and the crud was reducing the leak ..and you've just cleaned it out to leak more ..or if the crud was allowing it to leak
dunno.gif
Only time will tell. Most of my leaks on my engine are below detectable levels now ..but were never severe to any extent (annoying more than anything).

yeah, a thumbnail size drop of fluid for me is like the atlantic ocean LOL. I hate leaks. I was just wondering if others had experienced more consumption for a while before less.

I know the tranny treatment may or may not be like the motor treatment.

Heres the real bummer. I have 2 cases of d4 sitten here.

Wondering if I should try somethin cheaper first...

G'day Frank,
I've experienced the same thing.
I'm currently 3550km/2200m into the rinse phase on my Land Rover transfer case, and after a decent highway trip the whole underside and rear diff is covered in 80w-90 gear oil, much worse than it ever was.
I'm hoping it starts to diminish in the next 800 miles or so, otherwise the flippin t/case has to come out.
rolleyes.gif

Rick.

Yes that has happened occasionally. Apperantly it's easier to remove crud than it is to make a seal plyable again. Give it more time and if the seal isn't beyond hope it will become plyable again and seal better than it had been before. I've had this problem on my z31. Didn't consume much if any oil. Did an autoRX, it started to consume some, and now it's good.

Frank,

Thanks for the update. Glad the leak is gone. Nice to hear. I guess, time and patience are important, but hard sometimes to wait for results.

smile.gif

Well just an update, Finished a 6oz 1500 mi run (tranny) and changed fluid out to RL D4. 100 miles later NO LEAK! Amazing, I guess it gets better after you give it some time. I am very pleased. I hope it holds up for a while.

fruit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back