Brake bleed bottle, make one or buy this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are gravity bleeding you don't even need a bottle, when gravity bleeding I just let it drip out of the nipple into a container. Put that bottle high and pump the pedal gently, the air will go up, and not come back down.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Went down to Walmart to see if that bleed bottle was in stock. It wasn't, have to order it online. Picked up 2 qts of Prestone synthetic dot 3 and left. I couldn't resist trying a turkey baste of the master cylinder. To my surprise just replacing that alone made a difference, the pedal stays higher where before it would slowly sink.

Good luck finding NON synthetic brake fluid. It is all synthetic.

Originally Posted By: carwreck
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Brake bleed bottle procedure

According to the procedure above, this is not one-man bleeding tool.

"7. This is where you could use the assistance of a helper. "

"Could" is used to express possibility. It does not say "You must use the assistance of a helper."

You miss these words:
"Have them sit in your driver seat with the engine off. On your command, have them push down on the brake pedal slowly but as forcefully as they can.

8. While they are pushing, slowly open the brake bleeder valve/nipple until your helper notifies you that the pedal is on the floor. At this point, close the valve and tell them to release the pedal. Repeat this process as many times as is needed until no more bubble come out
."

This is clearly not a one-man brake bleeding steps.

When I bleed my brakes with Mityvac 7201, I did it all by myself(using both hands), nobody else did anything, then I can say that it is a one-man tool.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

According to the procedure above, this is not one-man bleeding tool...

You miss these words..

I did not miss any words. You missed your own words. I was replying directly to your quote "According to the procedure above, this is not one-man bleeding tool."
The pictures clearly show it is a "one-man bleeding tool".
And you clearly missed the reason of my original post, which was a response to the question how to attach the tool to the caliper.
So, to clarify words for you, my link title should be "This link shows how to attach the 'one-man bleeding tool' to a brake caliper. You can choose to use the procedure if you want. You can use whatever procedure you want. The link is only for purposes of directly responding to the question of how to attach the black adapter to the brake bleed screw".

Either way, if you have a helper doing a 2-man bleed, don't have them push all the way to the floor. Put a block behind the brake pedal if they can't help themselves or cannot be trusted.

I can't even think of the last time I had to actually "bleed" brakes. A brake system flush is going to require a much larger container and I'm not going to use a process that lets air in.

brake-bleed02.jpg

How do you get the black plastic thing to stay in the banjo bolt?

Last edited:
I use a larger container and always put 2-3 pints of new fluid through the system the old fashioned way with a pumper/helper. That way all contamination is out. My calipers usually last 200k doing this every 50-70k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back