PB-200 year or so ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all
found a post about a pb-200 blower. 2 ppl were arguing about compression. I have one of these and have more questions.
Cyl walls look perfect. Muffler ok but thing with 3 screws on muffler completly plugged. screen good. Hate2work was one guy in that disscusion.
Thank you, vic

Thank you for the reply.
I got it working, it was a mud wasp nest in the spark arrester 3 screw cover thing on the muffler. Plugged muffler.

I was trying to contact those 2 guys on a debate about compression on on of these. I saw it here maybe from a year and a half ago.

Question for you is, well I just got a John Deere Cyclone 440 snowmobile 1977. My father actually bought this new in 77.

He gave it to my brother for a HS graduation gift. He had nothing but problems with it from what I remember. He sold it. I somehow got it back.

I pulled the motor because the side engine cover was hanging off. Got new bolts and reassembled the whole thing.
It runs ok now(bad gas maybe 6 years old very heavy on oil). But its so hard to pull over and recoil rope has a frey. Bro is in jail and barly talk to him but last time I did, he told me about burning out a piston and he said he bored it out himself. He is a tool and die maker. Stock comp is 7.9/1. It seems much higher though. Its like pulling over a 800 or something.
I bought new recoil rope but looks too weak. What do you think?
How can I tell what pistons he used?
Maybe I will get some nylon coated braided steel cable for recoil but what size?
Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to be stranded in the woods on this thing with a broken rope.
Thanks,
Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back