Honda seatbelt switch dianostics. Code 61-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm servicing my neighbors 2003 Accord EX V6. Since I had it, he told me his airbag light will come on randomly. I scanned it for codes and found a 61-10 (open in left front seat belt buckle switch). Since my scanner doesn't have any troubleshooting for it, I went to the net and found that it's pretty common and the dealers usually replace the buckle assy under a lifetime warranty. Before I either call the dealer or turn the neighbor over to the dealer, I'd like to check it out to be sure.

Does anybody have any info on troubleshooting this code?

My wife has a 2003 Accord and it had the same exact problem. Honda dealer replaced the seat belt buckle and I think there was a sensor they replaced too, they did it all for free because of the safety concerns and liabilities involved. If it were me I would just let the dealer take care of it. Hopefully while they are at it they won't "find" ten other things they can take care of for you at your expense.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
I went to the net and found that it's pretty common and the dealers usually replace the buckle assy under a lifetime warranty.

American Honda gives you a lifetime warranty on the function of all seat belt components. This is valid forever -- unless the vehicle has been in a collision. Take the car to the dealer and get it fixed for free.

seatbelt buckles are common failures. Change the buckle to fix the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back