bdcardinal and the Ford guys, I've got a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
The son of the neighbor down the road broke his clutch pivot stud the other day and I'm having a hard time sourcing a replacement.

I ordered one from the local dealer, but it was the wrong style.

The type I need has a fairly large hex and nylon (or some other form of poly) half ball at the end. What I received was much smaller with a steel half ball end.

The truck is a 1983 F150 4wd with a 4spd and a 300ci engine. While I couldn't locate an I.D. tag, I did see what appeared to be the New Process casting mark, making it the 435 model.

If anyone knows of a line on one of these, I'd be greatful.

Was under the weather today and didn't go into work. I will check tomorrow, no promises though, Ford likes to make such things obsolete as soon as possible.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Was under the weather today and didn't go into work. I will check tomorrow, no promises though, Ford likes to make such things obsolete as soon as possible.

Yeah, I suppose they do. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Is this in the bellhousing?

In, inside? No. It is attached (screwed into) to the the outside of the bell housing.

Chris, the pic in the link doesn't show quite what I'm after, but thank you!

What was the part number they got you? I am showing E3TZ-7B602-D fitting all engine sizes and manual gearboxes that year. The part is obsolete from Ford. A dealer in Albia, IA shows one in stock.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
What was the part number they got you? I am showing E3TZ-7B602-D fitting all engine sizes and manual gearboxes that year. The part is obsolete from Ford. A dealer in Albia, IA shows one in stock.

You know, I think that may be the one my dealer ordered. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to see the number, I just looked at the part and told him it wasn't right.

Here's a pic of it, maybe someone with sharper and more knowledgeable eyes will recognize it...

IMG_0918855x642.jpg

mechtech, there's only one old time transmission shop around and he mostly deals in autos. I'll him a ring though, thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back