Amsoil to Reformulate Top Tier Oils!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DAB1123
Extended drain intervals will continue, possibly increase. I personally am likely going to extend my Oil & Filter change intervals from once a year, to once each year & a half. Why, you ask? Because after a full year (approx.15,000-18,000 miles) my oil still looks like it came out of the bottle & analysis comes back showing it's still like new.

After a year in the sump(15-18K) and your oil looks like it did when it came out of the bottle?? Now that's amazing!!
28.gif

Last edited:
In addition, you can't find Amsoil at any major retailers. No major auto mfg recommends their products from what I have seen. The extended change interval hype needs to be tested by someone with no bias. Testing must be done with different vehicles with different types of driving styles in both low mileage and high mile vehicles, gas and diesel. In the end, the Amsoil filters and oil must be scientifically analyzed. And of course, oil and filters from the competition should be handled in a similar manner.

Originally Posted By: Pistol_Pete
Agreed. I dont know why their is so much hype about amsoil. IMO they are way over priced for the average comsumer. For example, 1) They dont refine their own oil, so they buy the base oil (which most of it is most like a M1 base oil). 2) They dont make their own additives, so they buy that! 3) It not even a hot mix when they mix it together. So with that being said your basically buying a more expensine M1 oil in most application, I know they specific type oil for different applications that Mobil dont make.

Originally Posted By: notech47

In addition, you can't find Amsoil at any major retailers. No major auto mfg recommends their products from what I have seen. The extended change interval hype needs to be tested by someone with no bias. Testing must be done with different vehicles with different types of driving styles in both low mileage and high mile vehicles, gas and diesel. In the end, the Amsoil filters and oil must be scientifically analyzed. And of course, oil and filters from the competition should be handled in a similar manner.

Originally Posted By: Pistol_Pete
Agreed. I dont know why their is so much hype about amsoil. IMO they are way over priced for the average comsumer. For example, 1) They dont refine their own oil, so they buy the base oil (which most of it is most like a M1 base oil). 2) They dont make their own additives, so they buy that! 3) It not even a hot mix when they mix it together. So with that being said your basically buying a more expensine M1 oil in most application, I know they specific type oil for different applications that Mobil dont make.

Canadian Tire sells it up here. They also have their OE and XL lines of API approved lubricants that are priced quite competitively.

Regarding the filters, they are essentially Donaldson SYNTEQ filters. There is PLENTY of information on Donaldson's glass media technology available if you do your research.

Originally Posted By: notech47
No major auto mfg recommends their products from what I have seen.

No major auto manufacturer recommends any brands unless the brands are their own (i.e. AC Delco, Motorcraft) or they have a service fill contract (i.e. Mobil with Infiniti/Nissan Canada).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back