Dodge Power Wagon from Simon & Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I have my Grand Marquis now and have had soft spots for the General Motors cars/trucks over the years, one truck that I liked is the (1979?) Dodge Power Wagon that Gerald McRaney's character, Rick Simon, drove in the old CBS action/comedy series, Simon & Simon. Here is a funny video of the truck in action as Rick stops the bad guys. Even though the Dodge has the HUGE tow bumper, don't you think that the frame has to be at least tweaked???

Ive always wanted a power wagon, but one of the power wagon SUVs or trucks from the 50s-60s.

Didn't look like that hard a hit-the push bumper (which mounts directly to the frame) goes pretty high on that Satellite (I think) & just pushes it back 8-10 inches-I bet it's not beefed up.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Didn't look like that hard a hit-the push bumper (which mounts directly to the frame) goes pretty high on that Satellite (I think) & just pushes it back 8-10 inches-I bet it's not beefed up.

pretty sure it was a AMC Matador.

I loved that truck, even though as a Dodge/Mopar guy I'd actually avoid most Dodge trucks from that era except for the Little Red Express. Too rust-prone, but mainly late-70s anemic engines. Give me a ~73 Camper Special with a big block. That way all I have to worry about is the rust-prone aspect. ;-)

And yes, the victim was an AMC Matador or Ambassador.

But how about a REAL Power Wagon:

1948-dodge-power-wagon-right.jpg

Given enough time and the gearing they put in Power Wagons, that little 110-hp flathead six will tilt the earth on its axis. Patience is a virtue... ;-)

Last edited:
As the series went on they converted other years into "Macho Power Wagons"...the gloss of the paint and striping varied considerably.

years ago a friend and I had a long bed 2WD dodge w/ a 400 and a massive oil leak. we were going to put the 400 in a dart (until we realized it was beyond our circumstances), but anyway, we street raced a '80's hurst olds (or was it a 442? doesn't matter) one night and SMOKED him, literally and figuratively...

that truck was cool.

Over 20 years ago, one of my ELT classmates had one of those trucks, 4WD, big tires, big V8- with a really neat custom extra. He had worked in the oil fields, & on their drill site one day a section of drill pipe got bent into a perfect shallow arc for the full length of the pipe. He got the OK to use it(good for nothing but scrap after bending), cut two sections out of it, welded one piece on top of the other, & made one of the most hard-core, Mad-Max lookin' front bumpers you ever saw! On that truck, it gave new meaning to the phrase "Dodge RAM", that's for sure.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back