Lumber Lever Broken on 08 Altima Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i Brought my car into the stealership this morning for them to fix my the lumbar recline lever which is ratcheting and jamming and doing nothing. I bought the most expensive pre-owned warranty $7,000 which covers everything but a stupid recline lever to lie down and to let people in and out! this ridiculous! if they try [censored] me for some major repair im going to get the parts and have my local guy do it for a 1/8 of the price. (should done that in the first place)

I have a friend who is 6'6" tall.
He drove a Chrysler Intrepid for a few years. He eventually got rid of it because the recline feature Broke on the driver's seat 3 times. The bolts would shear due to his size.
There was no real "fix". They would solve the problem with the same bolts, and within a year he was back to the original issue.

If you are a big guy, and this vehicle is new to you, this may be an ongoing issue.

Originally Posted By: Grambo
So i Brought my car into the stealership this morning for them to fix my the lumbar recline lever which is ratcheting and jamming and doing nothing. I bought the most expensive pre-owned warranty $7,000 which covers everything but a stupid recline lever to lie down and to let people in and out! this ridiculous! if they try [censored] me for some major repair im going to get the parts and have my local guy do it for a 1/8 of the price. (should done that in the first place)

Wait..you paid $7000 for a warranty?? I hope you mean the car+warranty=$7000. But - yeah most warrantys don't cover those sort of things.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: Grambo

Wait..you paid $7000 for a warranty?? I hope you mean the car+warranty=$7000. But - yeah most warrantys don't cover those sort of things.

Yeah, for that much money you could pretty much replace the major components on the car and still have money left.

WELL im an idiot that lever is for luber support and and it is supposed to ratchet up and down to push forward and and back to provide support for your back. I guess you learn something everyday. (Should looked at the owners manaul dooohh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back