Napa gold vs. napa platinum oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used the napa platinum oil filters? I've used the napa gold in the past and have had great luck with them.

Just not sure why the platinum is almost twice as much as the gold or what you get for the extra money you pay.

I've never seen the platinum line. I've used the gold line before and haven't had any issues. I think they are a wix product.

Yeah I didn't see if anyone has used one yet. I do yearly changes as I don't put many miles on my cars (under 5000 per year) so ill prob just stick with the golds.

Thanks!

all i have on the shelf is Napa Golds.. i switched everything over to them since Napa is the closest parts stor to me without going miles out of the way. Im pleased with them. Never had any issues.

The Golds are a good solid filter. I have used the platinum on my van and so far so good. For 5k a year, I concur with you that Golds are more than enough. . . especially at a 2:1 price difference. I heard the Patinums are the same as Amsoil filters..all made by Wix.

The NP filters are along the same line as the RP, EAO and other fully synthetic wire backed media designed for long OCI and improved flow.

I'm currently on my second run with a NP in our '08 impala 1st OLM run took me to 6500 miles so ill have over 12k on this filter when done. well within its capability's

Originally Posted By: daman
The NP filters are along the same line as the RP, EAO and other fully synthetic wire backed media designed for long OCI and improved flow.

I'm currently on my second run with a NP in our '08 impala 1st OLM run took me to 6500 miles so ill have over 12k on this filter when done. well within its capability's

Curious to see if you took off the filter during your oil change to see how it looked?

Although synthetic filters sound appealing to me, I would never get the use out of them unless I left them on for three OCI's. I change my oil every 3-7k regardless of synthetic or conventional (straight dino is on the bottom end of that scale, synthetic on the high end, blends around the 5k area).

I like the Napa Gold, they are built well and when I don't have Pure One available I use them. I'll usually keep the filter on for two OCI's or one if I'm doing a synthetic/winter drain interval.

Originally Posted By: cp3
The Platinum is a synthetic wire backed media geared more to extender drain use.

Anyone know what the max interval would be?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: asharris7
I heard the Patinums are the same as Amsoil filters..all made by Wix.

Not true.

Well, there ya have it lol. Who makes Amsoil's?

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: cp3
The Platinum is a synthetic wire backed media geared more to extender drain use.

Anyone know what the max interval would be?

I would go 12k with it....

Originally Posted By: daman

Curious to see if you took off the filter during your oil change to see how it looked?

yes i removed it shoved a wooden dowel in the ADBV so all the old oil would drain out,inspected it and reinstalled it the filter looked just fine.

Not true.

Donaldson, Hastings/Baldwin, Champion Labs, and Wix. Less and less Wix as of lately.

Not true.

Donaldson, Hastings/Baldwin, Champion Labs, and Wix. Less and less Wix as of lately.

Wow. So I guess what you get all depends on the Make/model of your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back