Gas mileage went down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gas mileage went down pretty bad plus the gas price went up pretty "good" make my situation WORST!

I usually got 20-22mpg (80 local/20 highway) but now, since all rain started and the temp. went down, my mileage went to 16-18mpg. Everything else is the same:
-Los Angeles, California
-1oz FP per 5gal
-Driving habit is the same
-Same road everyday
-Measurement from 2 tanks full.
-Engine look fine!

Why does the gas mileage went down? Is that due to the winter gas formula? $25 of gas per week (180-200mi per week) is too much for me, a college student! Is there anything I can do about it?

YES, winter gas s****!

I didn't know Cali switches over as well. Here in West Texas, they switched over in late Sept. No "good" gas til April!
nono.gif

Farang, Rain increases rolling resistance, so that would give small hit on economy. The shorter your trips are, the bigger loss you will get from cooler weather because of warmup time.

Doesn;t help you, but I haven't noticed any difference in fuel economy here in Northern CA on highway trips. Last week I got my best ever (by about 1%) on a 290 highway mile round trip.

Hard to saym because of the possible gas change. Not everyone sees a benefit, but a loss I'd say is probably just a coincidense.

How many tanks have you run? How long have you been taking down mileage?

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
Hard to saym because of the possible gas change. Not everyone sees a benefit, but a loss I'd say is probably just a coincidense.

How many tanks have you run? How long have you been taking down mileage?

2 tanks full and 2 weeks as stated in the orignal post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back