Supertech Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Supertech is NOT at the lowest possible price poiint, or the lowest standards.

It is decent to very good.

X2. Our Malibu Maxx has lived most of it's life on it. Perfectly clean inside.

I will concur that it's not the deal it once was, but it's still a good oil.

ST Synthetic gave the same or better results as Amsoil, M1, and Valvoline when I tested them all a couple years ago.

I also recall a post here where a guy used ST Syn and had over 200k miles on his Chrysler minivan with no issues and no sludging.

Last edited:
My Ion loved ST Synthetic. I ran ST most of its life before switching to Royal Purple for a change or two, then Mobil. (Using QSUD now because it was on sale.)

It consistently got 36 mpg with the ST 5w-30. The only other oil that managed that was Mobil 0w-30. With all other oils, I've gotten between 32-34.

OCIs were whenever the oil monitor said "CHG OIL". Mileage varied wildly, from about 5000 to almost 7000.

I refuse to go to Wal-Mart these days, but I may try out Mag1 synthetic, from Amazon. It appears to be ST on steroids, at around $4.99/qt.

Sure you may be able to get QSUD or Mobil or whatever for 'just a few cents more' but why pay a few cents more for a pretty bottle?

My last oil refill on my Jetta was with PYB 10w40. It burned through a quart of oil after around 1k miles. I topped up with conventional ST 10w40 and was surprised that it idles better and is quieter at high speeds. Engine has 3/4 PYB and 1/4 ST now. I'll be changing oil soon to probably Rotella T6 and an OEM oil filter, but I was surprised with ST.

I wouldnt be surprised that over the years Mobil, PYB, and others made the ST oil for wal mart. I would use it with confidence in my Civic for 6k

Originally Posted By: shell_user
I wouldnt be surprised that over the years Mobil, PYB, and others made the ST oil for wal mart. I would use it with confidence in my Civic for 6k

SOPUS and XOM have both made Supertech oil. I still have the data sheets somewhere.

Lets say this, its good oil even though it is cheap. I know people that run this oil to 5-6k and have lots of miles on their vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back