Sig 226 Navy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am familiar with the M11 (AKA 226 Navy) - I've put a few hundred rounds through it on the range. Nice shooting gun (even though it was well-used and owned by the Squadron), standard SIG ergonomics, thought about getting one myself...

Last edited:
Standard Sig like Astro14 said. I've got a P226 and its a good weapon. Hated my P229 when I had it back when they came out.

Personally there are other 9mm I'd rather own than a SIG. For a range weapon the SIG is good. For defense there are others I'd own/use before one.

Take care, Bill

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Bill, could you elaborate further? I'm thinking about a 9mm as my next handgun.

Don't want to high jack this thread. I'll Pm you.

Bill

Don't have a 226 Navy, but a standard 226. I can't stand the stock Sig grips, so I went with the E2 grips, and it makes all the difference. Mine is in .40S&W, and is a nice pistol. I still prefer my gen 4 Glock, but everyone has different taste.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Bill

Not really a hijack because I really like the 229, so would be interested too!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Bill

Not really a hijack because I really like the 229, so would be interested too!

In the PM just talking about other brands and range weapons in 9mm.

Don't have anything good to report about my personal experience with SIG and their P229 in .40 S&W.

When they came out went through 2 of them due to frame cracks. When I got the 3rd one it came from SIG (excellent Customer service back in the early 90s) and traded in for another .40 S&W.

They have that problem fixed now.

Take care, Bill

I have a German P226 in 9mm with the folded slide and it is great. I don't like the newer billet design that Sig is using now. Complicated to service and they can have frame rail wear issues.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Anyone own one? How do you like it?

I just wanted an update on this. Did you end up going with a P226??

I've got a Sig P226 Navy 9mm bought in 2006. Beautiful pistol, slide to frame fit... glides like it's on ball bearings. The grip I especially like as the pistol just melts into my shooting hand. Very accurate.

This pistol I will never sell! It's the pistol that I will go to if the SHTF and that includes my Glock 19 and 1911 Commander.

I don't carry it even though I have a Milt Sparks NLG OWB holster for it but it's here at the house and I take it to the range on occasion to run it through a hundred or so rounds at a session.

Absolutely fantastic pistol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back