S&W Model 22, Model of 1917

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not a finer .22 handgun to be had in my book. I have it brother the 617, the difference being blued vs. stainless and a full shroud on the 617. When it comes to classic revolvers, this is the cream of the crop.

While I've been interested in the 617, this is the 17, a reproduction of the M1917, a WWI .45ACP revolver.

I've got a few thousand rounds down range with a S&W 625 which is the stainless N frame 5".45acp revolver.

Excellent shooter and like the full moon clips. Typical S&W N frame dynamics.

The N frame with .45acp is like .357mag. Tame...

Take care, Bill

Quote:
I've got a few thousand rounds down range with a S&W 625 which is the stainless N frame 5".45acp revolver.

Nice to see another Bitoger with one of these. I also have a 3" which I actually shoot better than the 5...

Almost had the 4" as well but someone got to it before me.

May dad has a K22 from the 60's and it is the gun I really started to shoot with. Awesome gun. It had been shot so much that the original hammer hooks wore out and had to be replaced.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/s...playErrorView_Y
This has no adj. sights and the old style front. I wouldn't buy this unless you really like old style guns or want it for a collector.

I like the old style, haven't looked to see if there is one identical in look but modern in adjustable sight. Don't think I have a problem with the front sight, I like the old style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back