ZDP & PS Diesel Lube Oil Extender

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Some PCMO's and HDD's contain di-esters that are used as PPD's and/or lubricity agents. If they do, the correct VII's AND dispersants have to be used. Since we don't know what dispersants and VII's are used in the customer's HDDs, we risk creating cold morning goo."

you are correct. And that is a very good reason to not mix "aftermarket" additives.
Also I do not use any di-esters I think there are better PPD's and FM's that what they offer, if I need a "ester" I always use Polyol.

"As far as the esters and OCP thickeners, I suggest you do some research on polymers. Certain di-esters and OCP's can polymerize to form a goo, especially when cooled. I can almost gurantee there is some OCP VII in the mix."

As I said I do not use di-esters and are not up to date on them but I thought that this problem was also due to bad/low AO package and over exstended OCI's and also the use of "low end" diesters that hydrolized?
bruce

mmm, so do you guys think that VSOT would contain some of these OCP thickeners, and what would be the results when mixed with either M1 TSUV or Delo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back