Tire for 2008 Honda Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother in-law needs tire for his 2008 Honda Odyssey. He had Michelin Pax and changed to normal wheels and Hankook tires, I think the size is 235/60-17. The tread is down to about 3/32" so he needs new tires soon.

After some searching from onlinetires.com, DTD.com, AT/DT.com and Tirerack.com, I think these tires will fit his and his wife driving style(easy and mostly in city with some long trips). My reference is in order below, mainly on price, long tread life warranty and positive feedbacks from posters here:

Cooper CS4 Touring: $132/ea from DTD and $117/ea from onlinetires, UTQG 780 A A, T-rated and 80k miles warranty. Cooper has $50 rebate for 4 CS4 Touring. I think AT/DT will price match onlinetires.com. Total OTD after rebate is about $565. If he can wait for Black Friday and if AT has $100 rebate then OTD will be $465.

Yokohama AVID Ascend $144/ea from Tirerack, UTQG 740 A A, H-rated and 75k miles warranty.

Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max: $145/ea from AT/DT, UTQG 580 A A, H-rated and 65k miles warranty. Goodyear has $40 rebate.

Many here like Cooper CS4 for cars, I don't know if it is as good for heavy minivan like Honda Odyssey.

If the speed rating and load rating are in accordance with the ratings for the van, the stiffness should be OK. A heavy van isnt a car that I'd play cheapo with reducing speed rating on, since youll get a less stiff tire... even if it will never go over 100 MPH.

Pretty sure all are US made, and pretty good tires. Id look at the test ratings on the tire rack.

I usually look at Tirerack tests to determine which is best for the car the tires are used on, but Tirerack doesn't carry Cooper.

Yokohama AVID Ascend was at the bottom of 4 tires test, the other 3: Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus, Continental PureContact with EcoPlus Technology, Michelin Primacy MXV4. All these three are very close from one to another and Yokohama AVID Ascend was way below.

Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max was the bottom of the other test with Bridgestone Ecopia EP422, Continental ProContact with EcoPlus Technology and Yokohama AVID TRZ.

All the tests above were with BMW 3 series.

Until now I think Cooper CS4 is probably the best choice out of these 3 tires.

These two tires are doing very well in owners survey of category grand touring all-season and Tirerack test: Michelin Primacy MXV4 and Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring. The main negative is higher price.

Wow, I know the fuel max had some downside, but I didnt know they scored so poorly, ditto for the yokohama.

Ill have my CS4s on my MB soon, but until then, I cant say... But Id buy H rated CS4 tires as a good value, US made tire, based upon all the good reviews.

I'd skip the Goodyears, and skip the Yokohamas. Among your choices, I'd probably buy the Cooper CS4s, though I read many complaints about high rolling resistance and short tread life. Still, it's one of the few T-rated tires that scores an A for both traction and temperature. They're good tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back