What's your opinion of Autel scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2007 Hyundai Sonata has had lots of problems with the ABS/ESC and airbag systems. Very few aftermarket scanners can access these codes, and a trip to the dealer is $107.

I recently found out about an Autel scanner that can access the ABS and airbag systems on this car. I emailed Autel and they confirmed it.

Here's the scanner, the AL619. The best price I've found is $150 shipped from Fox Run Tools.

http://www.autel.us/Products/al619.htm

http://www.foxruntools.com/autolink-al619---part-aul-al619.aspx

They also have a new model that claims it covers all makes and all models. Fox Run sells it for $188.

http://www.autel.us/Products/md802.htm

What do you all think of Autel scanners?

The AL619 isn't really out yet, or at least that is what my dealers have been saying. I have one on order. On paper for the money it looks better then the other, Innova, Launch, MAC rebraned, etc..

We have the bigger Autel Maxi or something and it is good for the money.

I'm with you, I need something (at home) that is small, inexpensive, that will read CEL, airbag and ABS stuff. I'm sure it won't give any more info then just min codes but i'm fine with that.

I have four (!) Autel scanners (one of them is re-branded Centech) Each of them has its own quirks. For example, the highly rated cheapest one does NOT work on my Maxima.

I had tried their expensive model which claimed to do ABS and Airbag on Japanese models but it was way too buggy to be any good and I returned it.

For the price you are paying, you *will* get quite a lot information such as all modes including live data and graphing and mode 6 data and possibly two way tests. The only question will be on how it has been implemented and the type of support provided by the manufacturer. The latter is mostly going to be non-existent.

My advice? Buy it from a place which has generous return privileges so that if it turns out to be a dud you can return it easily.

There are two versions of MD802 floating around. One has the top three buttons implemented and provide quick I/M status (very similar to Innvoa Equus line; sure looks like patent infringement to me!) while the other version the buttons are missing or unmarked. I read the owner's manual from their US site and those buttons are not documented. I am suspecting that for US market, Autel is leaving that feature out as Innova's lawyers would have come down very hard on them.

If you are ordering MD802, make sure you know exactly what you are getting and see if you can access the owner's manual over the internet to find the feature list first. Also try to get the actual photograph from the seller before forking the money.

I have a cheap one, and it's quite functional for the money. It doesn't do ABS or airbags, though. But for the $60 I paid, it's hands-down the best scanner at that price point.

Vikas has some good advice.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
I have a cheap one, and it's quite functional for the money. It doesn't do ABS or airbags, though. But for the $60 I paid, it's hands-down the best scanner at that price point.

Vikas has some good advice.

+1
I have a cheap one too. I got mine for under $50. Saves me lots of money from having to pay someone else to get the code scanned.

Regards, JC.

Originally Posted By: JustinC
The AL619 isn't really out yet, or at least that is what my dealers have been saying. I have one on order.

It's available on ebay and a lot of other websites.

These days, the Autel MS509 can be had for under $50 which does all of the engine scanning and supports almost all modes and has limited graphing capability. I just bought one couple weeks ago when the cheap Autel MS309 did not work for the Maxima. Get the $50 one, use it for a while and then shop for your next fancy one. Of course if you need ABS/Airbag, then you have to spend lot more.

Be careful with the AL619 shown on foxruntools website. I have not been able to find the matching owners manual for the gray colored one. The red AL619 owner's manual does not show the colored I/M screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back