Not open for further replies.
This is equivalent to the MC FL-400S.
010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

Agree with the Arco man, yes I said it, I'd have no problem using the OP's Pro Select with separate thread end bypass and adbv and coil retainer spring. Unfortunately imo, nitrile combo valves now seem to dominate most Pro Select applications. This is a rare bird, wonder if this is an older application or just an NPS outlier.

Thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted By: vssjim
Why not buy a Gold filter and get a silicone ADV.

I went to a tire store for a $16.95 Valvoline conventional oil change.This was the filter they were going to use.I gave them a MC FL-400S in exchange for this filter. That was over 6 months ago.I had nothing better to do today,and was never going to use this filter anyway,so I cut it open for the fine members here.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

I went to a tire store for a $16.95 Valvoline conventional oil change.This was the filter they were going to use.I gave them a MC FL-400S in exchange for this filter. That was over 6 months ago.I had nothing better to do today,and was never going to use this filter anyway,so I cut it open for the fine members here.
34.gif

Great Filter now you know next time you do not have to bother with bringing your own filter,

Toto.

Originally Posted By: Toto

34.gif

Great Filter now you know next time you do not have to bother with bringing your own filter,

Toto.

Actually,I do.I had went there once before and they used the same filter.It rattled so bad upon start up I thought my teeth were going to come out!
shocked2.gif

I stopped at WM on the way home and bought a MC FL-400S filter and a qt. of VWB oil. I had a friend install it when I got home.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Toto

34.gif

Toto.

Actually,I do.I had went there once before and they used the same filter.It rattled so bad upon start up I thought my teeth were going to come out!
shocked2.gif

I stopped at WM on the way home and bought a MC FL-400S filter and a qt. of VWB oil. I had a friend install it when I got home.
thumbsup2.gif

So we are to believe when you were at the Lube Facility at start up the techs did not notice any rattling or complications and you drove away with your teeth falling out with out challenging the condition of your oil change? or did you challenge it and what was their response?

In your opinion is the suggested rattling a faulty filter or is the filter not compatible with your vehicle? did you cut that filter open also?

just curious its quite a claim.

Toto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back