Hand pump for wide mouth quart bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a hand pump to fill my transmissions through a fill plug on the side. The transmission fluid came in wide mouth bottles. All of the hand pumps I've seen at Oreilly & Autozone are for the standard mouth bottles. Does anyone know where to buy a hand pump for wide mouth bottles?

Last edited:
1st off - dude, I thought you were dead?

2nd - I've found it much easier, even with a MTX downward facing fill plug, to just use a funnel + extension, or piece of tubing etc to gravity fill. The one time I was under the car pumping fluid up into the fill hole was the last.

I agree. I have a funnel with some narrow clear hose, looks like a very small beer bong. Hose is probably 3 feet long, long enough to be comfortably above the engine but short enough that the hose is ridgid enough to make sure it stays in the hole.

Originally Posted By: gary coleman
I need a hand pump to fill my transmissions through a fill plug on the side. The transmission fluid came in wide mouth bottles. All of the hand pumps I've seen at Oreilly & Autozone are for the standard mouth bottles. Does anyone know where to buy a hand pump for wide mouth bottles?

Are you refering to the Amsoil and Eneos bottles? I would guess that Amsoil sells something that works.

I have this one and it does NOT fit those bottles.
http://www.amazon.com/Sta-Lube-SL4344-Fl...;qid=1351794258

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Loobed
Originally Posted By: gary coleman

Are you refering to the Amsoil and Eneos bottles? I would guess that Amsoil sells something that works.

I have this one and it does NOT fit those bottles.
http://www.amazon.com/Sta-Lube-SL4344-Fl...;qid=1351794258

I'm not sure about Amsoil bottles, but they are wide like the Mobil 1 bottles. It is Toyota WS fluid and Toyota only sells it in wide mouth bottles now so I have no choice.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
1st off - dude, I thought you were dead?

2nd - I've found it much easier, even with a MTX downward facing fill plug, to just use a funnel + extension, or piece of tubing etc to gravity fill. The one time I was under the car pumping fluid up into the fill hole was the last.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
I agree. I have a funnel with some narrow clear hose, looks like a very small beer bong. Hose is probably 3 feet long, long enough to be comfortably above the engine but short enough that the hose is ridgid enough to make sure it stays in the hole.

It's going to be hard with my truck since the fill port is near the output shaft.

I have a performance tool pump from OReilly and it works with the Mobil 1 wide mouth bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back