Good article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Yup, nice comments. Right off the bat, its declared as some eco-nazi agenda.

I'm sorry,I don't understand your reply.
21.gif

scroll past the article, the first commenter flamed it as
"HOGWASH!! utter and complete hogwash!!", then a little ways into his diatribe laid out this nugget of wisdom: "This is nothing more than environmentalist NONSENSE!Changing oil is(especially if you do it yourself with synthetic oil)is CHEAP insurance!"
etc, etc, etc.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
scroll past the article, the first commenter flamed it as
"HOGWASH!! utter and complete hogwash!!", then a little ways into his diatribe laid out this nugget of wisdom: "This is nothing more than environmentalist NONSENSE!Changing oil is(especially if you do it yourself with synthetic oil)is CHEAP insurance!"
etc, etc, etc.

Ok,I did not read that part.

In this part of the world and in my experence I've never seen this 3000 mile OCI pushed. The general lube sticker recomendation has always been 6000 miles (10k km) or 6 months on conventional.

Fast lube type places have never really been that popular either. Not many people would just get an oil change, they would get a "service" at a local workshop or dealer.

I would type a nice well thought out reply, even though I know it would be ignored by the intended recipient; however, the site requires registration to comment and Im just not in the mood for that rigmarole at the moment.

Originally Posted By: supercity
In this part of the world and in my experence I've never seen this 3000 mile OCI pushed. The general lube sticker recomendation has always been 6000 miles (10k km) or 6 months on conventional.

Fast lube type places have never really been that popular either. Not many people would just get an oil change, they would get a "service" at a local workshop or dealer.

Most of the mechanics around here put a 5,000km oil change sticker on a car. The dealers do the "service" part and timing.

For the last 20 years at least every workshop I've been in, including my own, has done 10,000km/6 monthly servicing. In this Mitsi dealership where I am now it's 15,000km/ 12 monthly on practically every vehicle under 7 years old, including diesels. We just lost a 2010 Outlander engine this week at 160,000km....and 3 services - maybe that's pushing it a bit far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back