New Rislone 'Engine Repair' additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, over 100 snakes must be killed, crushed and processed for their oils for every bottle sold.

biggest, most useless snake oil out there.

What does it fix, may I ask? worn cylinder (in what form? taper? scored cylinder due to abrasion?)

how about oil burning issues due to stuck(Carboned) oil control rings?

Nah! me takes is that only the naive/fools part their hard-earned mullahs to buy into these bee-ash...and these companies keep on selling these useless products to make money off of you.

Just like the other famous one here on BITOG (the one that has always been a "mystery" to me): jack-of-all-trades, UCL properties, perported fuel-stabilisation properties, cures ticks off of my dawgs, saved my marriage, comprised of nothing but stoddard solvents (ha! I'd rather substitute it with a cup of kerosene in my gas to get that placebo effect).

Rant off, back to work.

Q.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
OMG u really back into snake oil huh, stop before you gone too far lol

I didn't buy any....I'm cheap when it comes these things, LOL.

I only grabbed the Oil stbilizer I posted about b/c it was super-cheap for up here.

Originally Posted By: Quest

What does it fix, may I ask? worn cylinder (in what form? taper? scored cylinder due to abrasion?)

Nah! me takes is that only the naive/fools part their hard-earned mullahs to buy into these bee-ash...and these companies keep on selling these useless products to make money off of you.

Just like the other famous one here on BITOG (the one that has always been a "mystery" to me): jack-of-all-trades, UCL properties, perported fuel-stabilisation properties, cures ticks off of my dawgs, saved my marriage, comprised of nothing but stoddard solvents (ha! I'd rather substitute it with a cup of kerosene in my gas to get that placebo effect).

Rant off, back to work.

Q.

I'd say a naive fool would tear and engine apart and start replacing ticking hydraulic lifters instead of trying "a snake oil" that has cleared up ticking lifters for thousands upon thousands of people for decades. Including some pretty smart mechanics too. That's one example there's more. Opinions vary, not all products are snake oils, but some are.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Quest

Rant off, back to work.

Q.

I'd say a naive fool would tear and engine apart and start replacing ticking hydraulic lifters instead of trying "a snake oil" that has cleared up ticking lifters for thousands upon thousands of people for decades. Including some pretty smart mechanics too. That's one example there's more. Opinions vary, not all products are snake oils, but some are.
smile.gif

Perhaps there are the needle in a haystack rarities that actually can do something, but in the game of additive roulette how do you know that what you put in your gas tank or crankcase might not make things WORSE off?

Problem is not one of the major snake oils that folks like to promote on BITOG have ever had INDEPENDENT
CERTIFIED LAB TESTS TO PROVE THEY DO ANYTHING AT ALL...
WHY? Could it be that it would be proven that these products are worthless? Nah, not possible, right?
smirk.gif

It looks like Liquid Plumber.
And Liquid Plumber works.

Thats proof enough right?

Last edited:
It really makes me wonder what the purpose of the two separate halves of the bottle is. Are those two chemicals so powerful that mixing them would make the plastic bottle melt?

Or is it simply a visual thing to make people go "Ooooh, aaaah! Look, Ma, it mixes when you pour it! We must buy some of this magical elixir!"

Originally Posted By: Josh_Putman
It really makes me wonder what the purpose of the two separate halves of the bottle is. Are those two chemicals so powerful that mixing them would make the plastic bottle melt?

Or is it simply a visual thing to make people go "Ooooh, aaaah! Look, Ma, it mixes when you pour it! We must buy some of this magical elixir!"

Makes me think of Die Hard with a Vengeance. Two part bomb. Separate they will not do much, mix them and unleash the power! LOL

They are not worried about the bottle integrity. The real reason is that chemicals must be mixed just prior to use, for maximum effectiveness.

The oils are seperated because when they are mixed in your crankcase their 'engine repair' properties are activated. They work their magic in combination and must have a short work time.

Matketing gimmic. Which makes me further question its efficacy.

Could be similar to two-part epoxy, where there are two chemicals that react, and if they were packaged together they'd react and be useless by the time you bought it.

Drano also has a two-part product.

I'm thinking the same thing. Much like Epoxy.
Remember that this stuff is designed for engines that are on their last legs.

It probably has some UBER thickening compounds in there and if it happened in the bottle it wouldn't pour that well.

I've been in Walmart several times where the local yard guys come in and pick up 2 bottles of Lucas Oil Thickener. No filter. No oil. Just the Lucas.
I've also been in there and had old folks start looking at the cheapest No-Grade oil that is 30 Weight Non-Detergent.
Once I had my rear-end chewed for attempting to tell some old guy that isn't the best of ideas in a modern car.

Please remember that Stealerships exist for a reason, and that most people just put gas in and go, they have no idea of the magic that happens underneath their hood or in their cellphone.

Technology THAT advanced is either Alien or Magic. Pick your reality.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
OMG u really back into snake oil huh, stop before you gone too far lol

I didn't buy any....I'm cheap when it comes these things, LOL.
I only grabbed the Oil stbilizer I posted about b/c it was super-cheap for up here.

AHH! So you ignored one can of snake oil, but bought another!

If your engines in a sorry state and it's not worth fixing just switch to an HM oil and avoid the snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back