my LBZ Duramax UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I question is the little higher than normal aluminum content. anyone have any suggestions? This engine has ran Delo 400 15-40 its entire life. 5000-6600 drain intervils. All filters Wix Gold. Mixture of city and highway. Some towing.

09072012.jpg

Last edited:
I'm working on it guys. The jpeg file is huge on my computer, but when I upload it to photobucket it becomes small. So far haven't seen a way to resize it. Any idea? I haven't used photobucket in several years.

If you are going to do this repetitively, I'd encourage you to create a data-text file (notepad, wordpad) and post it that way. Makes if VERY easy to update you UOAs and post them, as they progress.

Here we go. Finally got it to work. What do yall think about the aluminum content being up? Its 2ppm higher than others ive seen on this same engine and oci.

free image hosting

Last edited:
Your engine is completely normal. For a Dmax, that means everyting is excellent.

The standard deviation for wear metals is far larger than most expect. I have more than 500 Dmax UOAs in a database; wear car vary several ppm in std dev. The only UA that is "high" is the Cu; when the high-flyers are taken out, the the UA of Cu falls to around 4ppm. But that's right above where you're at as well, so no problem there.

All is fine. You can easily take your OCI out to 10k miles, given performance like this.

Would not be worried about 2ppm. What was the oil life monitor at? Looks like 6,600 miles is nothing for this engine and oil.

the aluminum is fine. You could have had a piece of dirt that got lodged in their temporarily. Sometimes this can cause a spike in wear metals and it will go down on the next oil change. But 4ppm when it's normally 2ppm I doubt that's even the case. This engine looks good don't worry!

Keep in mind wear metals are measured in parts per million - Aluminum at 4 is miniscule.

If you treat it right a Dmax should live forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back