Is it worth it to get my fuel injectors professionally cleaned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't confuse flow matching with a simple service job if i'm not mistaken they must have the injectors to perform this task. At least this is true with diesels this could have a great effect on how accurate the injection cycles have on evenly distributing the same amount of fuel on each injector gaining consistency. I would like to know how much the computer compensates for this or irregular dirty patterns their is a chance that internal pulse width modulation will have to have a set parameter to stay with in to maximize the benefits. How about multiple injections per firing?

Its like blue printing an engine you match all the parts and the end result is much more consistent so you have a baseline to work with and it helps smooth things out so you can go faster without unnecessary vibration.

to make a long story short I don't think this is a typical thing that wondervac does on 70$ fuelsystem cleaning.

Hey Salsahh, become a site sponser and a moderator, and give yourself all the threads you want!

Airbus, if you can get Fuel Power or Schaeffers #131 in Canada try that first. They are both effective fuel side cleaners and especially the FP is very lubricious. Both are reasonably priced and effective not to mention safe ( if used properly) for the total engine as some of the blowby will get to the sump and the motor oil.

I do not recommend the flushing and if you use the B&G solvent and flush it will eat the motor oil. We have a few oil analysis reports posted here showing that and the resultant bearing overlay elemental value increases.

If you decide to get a fuel side cleaning from a shop using strong solvents please change the motor oil no later than 1000 miles after the cleaning.

I would like to see the Salsahh adds in action with UOA's before and after use.

Becoming a sponsor of the site will allow your product to be pummelled in the highest traditions of BITOG.
grin.gif

quote:

I'm getting the article around that i found interesting about the Future of Tribology and Metalergy.

a recent poll was taken among metalergists and the question was
WHAT ARE THE MOST POTENTIAL ENERGY EFFICIENT SAVINGS WITH LUBRICANTS.

1.Synthetic base stocks
2.Additives
3.condition monitoring

Salsahh, what is your problem, man?
mad.gif
Do you still not understand the difference between third party (OTC) additives and professional-type additives formulated into the oil?

Those metallurgists are talking about additives from industry additive suppliers for fully formulated lubricants. BTW, a paper from tribologists would be more useful, since they deal with chemistry of oils and surface interactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back