Status
Not open for further replies.
ZL1.jpg

ZL12.jpg

ZL13.jpg

2 Things, it:

• Sounded wicked
  • Was $62,000.00

I loved those cars until I sat in one, the visibility is horrible. Just as bad as a CTSV coupe, can't see jack.

They recycled the engine code so that ZL1 either means an all aluminum 427 BBC from 1969 or it means a 6.2L Supercharged LS-engine.

Originally Posted By: Loobed

Is there something hanging off the bumper, or is that an optical illusion?

You mean the white stuff? It is transit protection. It also still has blocks in the front springs.

This or a GT 500 would be a tough choice. The mustang has better visibility.
20.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volk06
This or a GT 500 would be a tough choice. The mustang has better visibility.
20.gif

Yes, it would be!

The f body has about as much a handling/dynamic balance edge over the pony, as the pony has over the f body in pure acceleration.

I'm just glad to see the 'performance wars' back in full force again (for no matter how short a time; CAFE/etc.
frown.gif
).

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
I loved those cars until I sat in one, the visibility is horrible. Just as bad as a CTSV coupe, can't see jack.

Agreed, but most owners have reported high marks for daily usage. These cars work quite well as daily drivers despite the aggressive styling and outrageous weight. The car weighs more than many full size 4 door sedans!

Note also that the ZL1 comes track ready with all the supplemental oil coolers and such which cost extra on the GT500. The Camaro is a sweetheart where the Stang is a brute.

Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back