Amsoil EaO 17 - location of bypass valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive a 2011 Ford F150 and use Motorcraft FL-500S oil filters. I've read that one of the advantages of using the Motorcraft filter is the threaded-end bypass valve. I've searched but am unable to determine whether the Amsoil EaO 17 has a threaded-end bypass valve or a dome-end design. Does anyone know? Practically I'm not sure how much it really matters, but a threaded-end bypass does seem to be a desirable feature.

Thanks

Don't have to cut one open if in hand ... just look down the center tube and see if the bypass is in the dome end or not.

Thanks very much guys. Does the dome-end bypass really matter, or should it stop me ordering this filter and sticking with the Motorcraft for my F150 Ecoboost?

Originally Posted By: Uregina09
Thanks very much guys. Does the dome-end bypass really matter, or should it stop me ordering this filter and sticking with the Motorcraft for my F150 Ecoboost?

What's the orientation of the filter on that engine?

The orientation of the filter is at a bit of an angle downward, but more horizontal than vertical.

My wife has a 2005 Explorer with the 4.6. I've used domed end bypasses, Purolator 1's and various spring bypass filters as the Motorcrafts and Mobil 1 filters. Even with the domed end Purolator 1 she experienced no problems. When I last changed her oil that had a Purolator 1, after 9,000 miles, the oil came out a darker golden color. It was still somewhat translucent. The oil was Mobil 1 0W-20. I think if you run the proper weight oil then your rarely going to go into bypass.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back