2005 Honda Civic - NGK Iridium or Denso Iridium Lo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just replaced the NGK PZFR6F-11 in our 2005 Civic LX at 104K miles. They looked clean and still close to spec gap. Replaced with same and expect they will last another 100K+.

Originally Posted By: bourne
Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Denso tends to be the OEM "preference" for Honda, and Toyota, with NGK being a secondary option.

My Acura and Honda both had NGKs.

Same. Even though Denso is supposedly OE for our cars, both had NGK double platinums from the factory.

I replaced my Acura's NGK's with same: V-power Double Platinum. My Honda's NGK Iridium plugs are the originals as they are not due for replacement until 105k.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Not real happy with AAP, probably done with them (again).

Should have just gotten them from Honda...

Try RockAuto. You will have more options.

I bought a brand new Honda CBR 1100XX in the crate.
When i went to service the plugs the fist time it had Denso on # 2&3 and NGK on 1&4 right from the factory. The Denso were 1 heat range colder.
How strange is that.

Originally Posted By: bourne
Try RockAuto. You will have more options.

Their website is horrid, I refuse to try to navigate that travesty.

Heres my beef with AAP this time.

You can't pick it up at the store if it isn't stocked at that store. I am SURE they ship stuff to stores all the time and they should ship your stuff to the store for free. Secondly, there is no excuse for it to take 4 days to ship 4 spark plugs.

I'll never order anything else from their website, that is for sure.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Denso tends to be the OEM "preference" for Honda, and Toyota, with NGK being a secondary option.

I'd say NGK is more common from the factory in Hondas and is always listed first in the manual with Denso being second. I've owned a lot of Hondas out of all of them only one came from the factory with Densos installed and one with Champion. Denso is almost always the installed plug on Toyota since they are part of the Toyota group of companies.

I have Denzo, was told theyre better and made in Japan.

Denzo is double plat. NGK is single. Was told double plat lasts 2x as long.

Originally Posted By: Carnoobie
I have Denzo, was told theyre better and made in Japan.

That is the critical part for me. At least in the "good old days" back in the 80s-90s at Honda and Toyota, many of the OEM plugs were Denso and just about all of them are made in Japan. I know folks love to claim that in the global manufacturing scheme there is NO difference in quality but I think that is wishful thinking, as from my personal experience you can have two identical parts sourced from Japan and China, but the Japanese item always seems to me more exacting and most importantly more consistent in quality.

Denso quality is some of the absolute best.
NGK is very good but I still think for the OEM pieces, Denso is better.

Well got them in over the weekend (along with tires, timing belt, valve adjustment, ATF, coolant, PS and brake fluid exchanges)

They looked nice, it will probably be difficult to attribute any change in fuel economy to any one thing.

The OEM ones didn't look that bad for 100,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back