Is the M1-108 just a shorter M1-110?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an Altima 2.5l until a pizza delivery boy ran into the back of me and totalled it last Friday. I bought a 2012 Accord which specs out a M1-110. I have a M1-108 left in stock that was for the Altima. Looks the same just a little shorter, if I can't use it what do you do with a $13.00 filter that fits nothing I have

Take it to AAP and exchange it for the M1-110. If you have the original box with UPC it shouldn't be a problem. If no box or UPC, they will still probably work with you on it.

A nice place to check (at least where I check) is the Fram filter catalog. They have a lookup by competitor part number, and so you can quickly find the specs of any filter for comparison (bypass, threads, ID and ODs)

Edit: I'm not suggesting you use a Fram. They just have a nice clean interface for finding other brands that fit
smile.gif

Last edited:
Thew problem I have when exchanging is I wrote Altima in ink on the box so I would know which car it was for. I might see if AAP would still work with me on it

Originally Posted By: ABerns
A nice place to check (at least where I check) is the Fram filter catalog. They have a lookup by competitor part number, and so you can quickly find the specs of any filter for comparison (bypass, threads, ID and ODs)

Edit: I'm not suggesting you use a Fram. They just have a nice clean interface for finding other brands that fit
smile.gif

Wow, Your right they have a great site for cross reference, it didn't work out for me but good to know anyway, thanks

Crisis is over !! LOL Advanced Auto took the filter back with writing all over the box, Quality customer service !

Those two filters are close. They have the same thread and both have a 14 psi bypass valve. Tho od and length are a little different. The point is moot since you found an even better solution but if I was stuck with that choice, and if the filter physically fit, and if the gasket completely seated, I would have been likely to use it.

Originally Posted By: k1rod
Tho od and length are a little different.

Interesting that the OD on the M1-108 and M1-110 are a bit different. (i.e. 2.66 vs 2.67) The equivalent K&N filters as an example (i.e. HP-1008 and HP-1010) have the same 2.688 OD.

My Nissan specs the shorter M1-108 size but I've mostly used the slightly longer M1-110 size. While our Saturn specs the M1-110 size, if I had a M1-108 size to use and nothing else to use it on, I probably wouldn't hesitate.

With all that said, your exchange is the ideal thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back