Home defense ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob, none taken.

I only want BITOGers to know alternative methods, and to be aware in the spirit of this site.

We can come up with ultimate how-to's for everything, application and results can be very surprising.

Just watched a guy on YouTube hand load plastic 12 gauge shotgun shells in minutes with Pyrodex and BB gun ammo. He pressed the primers out by hand and popped in new ones, poured in the powder, wadded it with cotton, and topped it off with bees wax and had very functional 12 gauge shells.

Now, that one day may come in handy! Very simple but it is when someone takes the time to point something out, that is what makes things interesting. I'd personally use GOEX black powder in an old pump to fill the woods with smoke for a really nostalgic effect. This looks like a blast so to speak, and how cheap are primers and black powder (please note that Pyrodex produces much less smoke than black powder such as GOEX).

REMEMBER TO CLEAN THE GUN WELL AFTER USING BLACK POWDER AS YOU'LL LEAVE A YELLOW RUST BEHIND. Rinse with warm water on a rag and swab the barrel with warm water, then lube it well like you normally would.

For your viewing pleasure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Falken
If a crook sees you have a gun and tries to hide behind a couch, shoot him through the couch. A table? Let him have it. It isn't the movies, .

This cracked me up, how many times in movies do we see someone trying to hide behind a couch ? so true.. the couch will save me.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
Originally Posted By: Falken
If a crook sees you have a gun and tries to hide behind a couch, shoot him through the couch. A table? Let him have it. It isn't the movies, .

This cracked me up, how many times in movies do we see someone trying to hide behind a couch ? so true.. the couch will save me.
thumbsup2.gif

I was watching Transporter 2 (I think) and he turned over a dining table to stop a flurry of bullets from getting him....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back