New Tires in the Pipeline from Bridgestone

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tirereview.com/Article/106104/bridgestone_shares_renewed_focus_at_dealer_meeting.aspx

"............................

Also previewed at the dealer meeting were several new products:

• Potenza RE97AS, described as a performance tire blended with touring attributes, that the tiremaker said offers rolling resistance and fuel efficiency, as well as wet performance and excellent steering feel and response. Available in March in 22 V and W speed rated sizes ranging from 16- to 18-inch rim diameters, the tire targets performance vehicles such as the Acura TL, Nissan Maxima and Mazda 6.

• Potenza RE-11 A, a UHP tire Bridgestone said offers cornering performance, wet performance and outstanding grip. Offered in 10 V and W speed rated sizes ranging from 15- to 17-inch rim diameters, the tire will launch in March and is targeted for performance vehicles such as the Mistubishi Lancer Evo, Subaru WRX and Volkswagen GTI.

• Dueler H/P Sport AS, a performance tire for high-end crossover vehicles. Due out in April, the tire is geared for CUVs from Lexus, Acura, Audi, BMW, Mazda, Lincoln, and Mercedes, among others.

• Blizzak LM-32, a V and W rated winter tire for European luxury sedans. The tire will be available in July 2013 in 33 sizes ranging from 16- to 20-inch rim diameters.
..............................."

That got my ears perked up. The Cruze will need another set of V-rated 215/55-17 tires by next fall (door placard says V), and those sound intriguing.

http://www.adac.de/infotestrat/tests/reifen/winterreifen/2012_winterreifen_Test_205_55_R16.aspx?

Bridgestone have fallen behind Continental, Michellin, Dunlop and the new boy in the top 4, Nokian, according to the German RDAC test results. Goodyear are back in 5th place along with Pirrelli, BUT every tire size has different results, so I use Dunlops in winter and Michellins in summer, but will switch to Continentals next year. To confuse the issue my winter tire size is different to my summer one.
The local Mercedes dealer chooses tires based only on braking distance tables and for winter that is Continental or Dunlop. Volvo only sell Continental or Pirreli and the BMW dealers only offer Continental or Michellin in winter but Nokians in summer.
The Germans drive at very high speeds in winter and summer and braking (Very similar to traction or cornering figures) distance tests are very important here. The advertising board outside my dealer in summer read, Nokian, Michellin, Continental and Pirreli just because that was the most popular tire size performance table results.
In my town you either buy good tires or go to the supermarket to buy Chinese rubbish and get some farmer to fit them for you as the grages won't touch them for legal resons. I buy good used tires off e bay as a cheaper option.

ComponentId=147067&SourcePageId=31821
Originally Posted By: SubLGT
http://www.tirereview.com/Article/106104/bridgestone_shares_renewed_focus_at_dealer_meeting.aspx

"............................

Also previewed at the dealer meeting were several new products:

• Potenza RE97AS, described as a performance tire blended with touring attributes, that the tiremaker said offers rolling resistance and fuel efficiency, as well as wet performance and excellent steering feel and response. Available in March in 22 V and W speed rated sizes ranging from 16- to 18-inch rim diameters, the tire targets performance vehicles such as the Acura TL, Nissan Maxima and Mazda 6.

• Potenza RE-11 A, a UHP tire Bridgestone said offers cornering performance, wet performance and outstanding grip. Offered in 10 V and W speed rated sizes ranging from 15- to 17-inch rim diameters, the tire will launch in March and is targeted for performance vehicles such as the Mistubishi Lancer Evo, Subaru WRX and Volkswagen GTI.

• Dueler H/P Sport AS, a performance tire for high-end crossover vehicles. Due out in April, the tire is geared for CUVs from Lexus, Acura, Audi, BMW, Mazda, Lincoln, and Mercedes, among others.

• Blizzak LM-32, a V and W rated winter tire for European luxury sedans. The tire will be available in July 2013 in 33 sizes ranging from 16- to 20-inch rim diameters.
..............................."

Last edited:
This is good. Bridgestones had fallen a bit behind IMO, I will be watching their UHP summer tire offerings very closely.

I have issues with sizing so I need options!

Originally Posted By: shell_user
I'll stick with my Bridgestone Insignia tires thank you very much.

Insignia SE-200's? Better stock up on a couple of sets then. They're being discontinued from what I've been told.

I dont know about that, as I just got a set of them for my 04' civic, and have 2 others I got off CL that have 7/32 on them. They were just Insignia's also not SE-200 or whatever. At my work Toyotas and few other makes use them as factory tires by the way.

hweaton, I will double check at sears and local tire shop near me that has a wide variety of tires. thanks for the info too.

Originally Posted By: dparm
RE-11 update? YES PLEASE.

Doesn't matter to me, since they will NEVER make ANY of their summer, max performance tires in MY size(s).
frown.gif

(Their very old RE-71 was an EXCELLENT tire, which I wish they still made, especially in my size, but with an updated compounding.
wink.gif
)

shelluser, that's what I was told by two of my distributors, one of them a primarily BRS/FRS distributor. What's out there is what's out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back