Chip McCormick Power Mags for 1911

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried one of the 8 round mags (the stock length) the other day in my Remington R1 and when I tried cycling the slide by hand to test how it feeds, nearly every other round would be jammed nose first into the feed ramp/entrance to the chamber. The round in question were Gold Dot 230gr and the chamber entrance is beveled from the factory and the feed ramp has been polished. The stock mags work fine and so did the 8rd extended Wilson mag I bought.

Is there something I'm missing or something I did wrong?

Are you cleanly releasing the slide from it's full back position to mimic actual cycling or moving it slowly with your hand?

The_Eric,

I'm surprised cuz I use the power mags exclusively for all my 1911's and mine haven't given me any issues. Try them using hard ball and see how they feed?

Durango

Originally Posted By: SOHCman
Are you cleanly releasing the slide from it's full back position to mimic actual cycling or moving it slowly with your hand?

You know, now that you mention it, I may have been. Though if I had been doing it as you describe, I likely did the same with the other mags.

I think I'll give it another go and see what comes of it.

Thank you for your input!

I've had very good luck with a large number of these 8-round magazines with my Colts in a 70 Series Gold Cup and in both of my Commanders.

The 10-round Chip McCormick mags I bought have jammed repeatedly in all three guns. I'm trying to find someone I don't like to give them to.

Edit: Upon further inspection, I see most of my Chip McCormicks are the Shooting Star variety. Not sure they are the same as the power mags.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back