CorrosionX

Status
Not open for further replies.
How thick is that stuff? I'm looking for something to spray on the heat exchanger of my pellet stove to prevent surface rust during the summer.

That is to say, is it thick enough to cling to a vertical piece of cast iron?

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
How thick is that stuff? I'm looking for something to spray on the heat exchanger of my pellet stove to prevent surface rust during the summer.

That is to say, is it thick enough to cling to a vertical piece of cast iron?

Hmmm.....it's relatively thin. Since I have not used it much, hard to say how it would do. Some will run off, but enough should cling to protect. If you want absolute protection, but would need to scrap and clean off before firing up, Amsoil HD MP would be the ticket.

Okay. Thanks. I'd rather have a lighter oily material that will stick but still burn off without scraping. It's a bit awkward and labor intensive to get the whole thing cleaned off.

I have been using and testing this for a while now. As a lube and rust preventive, it is one of the best I have ever used. As a C.L.P. type product for guns, I consider it the all around best, especially for the very reasonable price tag.
The corrosion-x I have is a greenish blue color and the smell is strange, but I consider it pleasant. The best way I can describe the smell of corrosion-x is like maple syrup with a tinge of hydrocarbon or motor oil at the end.
Corrosion X gets a big thumbs up from me.

Originally Posted By: AMC
I have been using and testing this for a while now. As a lube and rust preventive, it is one of the best I have ever used. As a C.L.P. type product for guns, I consider it the all around best, especially for the very reasonable price tag.
The corrosion-x I have is a greenish blue color and the smell is strange, but I consider it pleasant. The best way I can describe the smell of corrosion-x is like maple syrup with a tinge of hydrocarbon or motor oil at the end.
Corrosion X gets a big thumbs up from me.

It's over $10 for 6 fl. oz. - I won't be cleaning my guns with it. Greenish blue? This is amber colored in a red spray can. The smell outdoors isn't so bad, but inside it's pretty gaggy. They obviously ad an odorant - just a bit overwhelming.

So it smells? I was hoping it didn't smell...I can't stand gun cleaning products that smell. Right now my current regime of M-Pro7 products (same as Hoppes Elite) will have to stick around. I usually mix a little white lithium with the gun oil so it doesn't sling off. Relatively non-toxic and doesn't smell.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

It's over $10 for 6 fl. oz. - I won't be cleaning my guns with it. Greenish blue? This is amber colored in a red spray can. The smell outdoors isn't so bad, but inside it's pretty gaggy. They obviously ad an odorant - just a bit overwhelming.

Yes corrosion-x is much cheaper in bulk, the way I bought it when I stocked up. Look here, you can buy a gallon of corrosion x for about $72 shipping.

http://search.skygeek.com/?vwcatalog=stylespilotshop&keywords=corrosion+x&x=0&y=0

The Formula must have changed recently, both the liquid and aerosol corrsion x I have is blushish green in color and the smell is almost non exsistant. You only smell the corrosion x when you stick your nose right up to it and sniff.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back