Which brand to use for 2004 Acura TSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at 111k and want to do the coolant before it gets too cold. I am planning on using Prestone 50/50 is that a good pick?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cpayne5
Go grab some Zerex Asian (I find it locally at Napa and CarQuest) or some Honda Type 2.

+111111111111

Don't use Prestone All Makes All Models in an Asian engine, especially in a Honda. Use either Zerex Asian or some Honda Type 2 (both are 50/50) as mentioned above, if you like concentrate coolant then Peak Global Lifetime is the option.

Why not just go and get the right Honda stuff? Is $11 difference going to break the bank on your luxury car choice?

I've been using Prestone Extended life in my 98 Accord for 4 years with no problems.

Drain and fill, go with Honda type II.

If you want to DI flush, then refill with concentrate to get it 50/50 properly, then you can use Peak Global or Mazda/Ford FL22/Specialty Green. I went with Specialty Green, as it was the easiest to obtain locally in full strength.

Yeah I have always used Prestone on my 2 previous Hondas with no problem but I might try this Zerex Asian formula next time I will look for it at O'Reillys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back