New Amsoil European FULL SAPS 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
5W-40.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Cool!

What are the specs for it? I don't see it on amsoil.com.

It's not on the market yet. Just a tease picture from the catalog. Oct 15 as it says.

Originally Posted By: volk06
What's the difference between low and full saps?

Ball park: Low SAPS oils are 600-800 ppm. Full SAPS ~1200-1400+ ppm

The cost of the full saps is $7.40. Probably a group III blend. Nice! They sort of needed a full sap x40.

The additives for the low sap are probably more expensive, hence the cost difference.

Pablo. Can you confirm group 3 or 4? Regardless this is most likely a great oil. Hopefully it competes with M1 0w40. If it does ill be using it. Have been waiting for a real euro oil from amsoil!

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Cool!

What are the specs for it? I don't see it on amsoil.com.

It's not on the market yet. Just a tease picture from the catalog. Oct 15 as it says.

What's the difference between low and full saps?

Ball park: Low SAPS oils are 600-800 ppm. Full SAPS ~1200-1400+ ppm

I'm assuming ZDDP levels?

Originally Posted By: Pablo

I'm assuming ZDDP levels?

Sulphated Ash, Phosphorus and Sulfur

Thank you. Never knew what SAPS stood for until now.

Yes! Finally ! they lack a 5W40 full saps ... I like the MB229.5 suitable for AMG models among others.
Hey Pablo would this be the same base stock as the XL and OE? you'd think so by the price...is it gr III or III+/GTL.

As far as I know MB229.5 is only attainable with PAO and GTL period. I have the white paper somewhere...

Did you notice the Dexos 2 on the MID saps? Has it been reformulated or just tested and labeled? I'm glad they added it anyhow.

Looks similar to the AFL, 5w-40, but with higher additive treat levels. I'd say predominately Group III.

FP of 428F and PP of -38F.

Finally saw it on the site. Looks pretty good to me. Nice TBN and general specs. Have a stash of M1 0w40, but might have to try this out. Even if it is group 3, still looks like a performer with a nice add pack.

The price is nice too. Even without the PC discount it's just over $7! Seems like a bargain!

Wow...with a price like that, this is most likely my next oil. That's about the same as I pay for M1 on sale, and I have complete confidence this will work nicely in my application. Very good play, Amsoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back