The latest results from my ARX test are up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second cleaning cycle is finished and I am now ~5000 miles into the treatment.

The link to the site is here.

Be aware that I have changed the gallery so any old links to photos will no longer work.

Rugerman has understandably asked me to post as much of the information as possible here so that it wouldn't be necessary to leave BITOG to get an update on this test. With respect to his wishes here are the latest "Stats" and my "update" along with what is arguably the most dramatic comparision image:

8/14/04-126,804: The second cleaning cycle is complete and the latest photos are up. During this cycle I noticed that the oil got really dark for the first time. I also see that there is a considerable improvement in compression and interestingly, the spread between one of the cylinders is a bit higher than before. Without opening the engine for a look I can only assume that whatever crud was causing the rings to stick is definitely coming loose now. Except for cylinder #3 the engine is actually within it's specified compression range. As for #3 I am optimistic that it will improve during the upcoming final rinse cycle. The engine also does feel a bit stronger now.

READINGS AT 126,804 MILES (~5000 miles w/Auto-Rx)

Compression:
Cylinder 1-161psi +44psi
Cylinder 2-160psi +40psi
Cylinder 3-149psi +32psi
Cylinder 4-166psi +47psi

Idle Oil Pressure:
17psi@700rpm@185degrees fahrenheit (coolant temp)

Ambient Temp:
~85 degrees

Hot Idle RPM (A/C off):
700rpm

-

As recall (and I have a terrible memory) you were quite skeptical (as you should have been, and I was, too)...... NOW I almost want to seek out some nasty engines to clean!!
banghead.gif

So, I gotta ask, what is your feeling of the car now, obviously the engine is much stronger but is it getting better gas mileage, better emissions, etc? I'm a believer and have used it a lot and it turned my little 3.0 ford vulcan v6 into a non-shaker as well on the rinse phase at 141k miles.

I'm very impressed with the product and if that makes me a "snake oil lover" so be it. Combine it with 6 oz of fuel power in your first tank (15 gal tank) and you'll have a seemingly different ride.

quote:

Originally posted by phordguy:
So, I gotta ask, what is your feeling of the car now, obviously the engine is much stronger but is it getting better gas mileage, better emissions, etc? I'm a believer and have used it a lot and it turned my little 3.0 ford vulcan v6 into a non-shaker as well on the rinse phase at 141k miles.

The engine does feel noticeably stronger.

I haven't monitored the fuel economy. My driving habits are not in the best interests of saving fuel.

As for emissions, we don't check them here but it does seem to be burning a little bit of oil now. Probably from parts that are being cleaned but are not quite able to reseal themselves afterwards. (seals, oil control rings, etc.) BTW, that is a pretty wild assumption on my part.

WOW! I am really impressed!Wonder what those individuals that said you had an agenda to slam ARX will say now?? I always said you would do this honestly ..and I always figured ARX would do a good job...just not that good!

I have put a 1/2 bottle in my motorcycle..it had nothing but Mobile 1 since day one ( according to previous owners son ) and when I pulled the drain plug after the cleaning stage ..stuff was on the plug and I cut the filter open do find a small amout of debris the too...Am going to drain again tomorrow ( 3000 miles of rinse )

[ August 14, 2004, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: deepsquat ]

Note: This test is not condoned or endorsed by the makers of Auto-Rx. Nor am I affiliated with, friends of, or even remotely liked by the makers of this product.

lol.gif

Aaron,

Very nice pictures and Thanks for your work. I did a clean on my 95 PSD and the inside valve cover is painted black, so I did not take a picture. After the clean same thing. But I did do a UOA on the before and after Auto-Rx clean. Nothing as good as the pictures of yours.

worshippy.gif

I am not a fan of aftermarket oil additives and oil cleaners and am fast to yell "snake oil".

However, when I see the fine work Aaron has done and the outstanding results (particulary the increase in compression) I am forced to rethink my position.

**** , it's tough to fly in the face of real objective data.

I am not a fan of Auto RX yet but I see the fat lady warming up!

I am ready to be flamed
smile.gif
but some how I am not buying this test. I have no proof to discredit the experiment but I have this gut feeling that this is a fake result. I have followed up this topic since beginning and it sounds like TV infomercial.

Once again I have no evidence to discredit this result other than my own instincts.

PS. I am using ARX in my VW eurovan which is mega dirty.
gr_eek2.gif

quote:

Originally posted by kickster:
I am ready to be flamed
smile.gif
but some how I am not buying this test. I have no proof to discredit the experiment but I have this gut feeling that this is a fake result. I have followed up this topic since beginning and it sounds like TV infomercial.

Once again I have no evidence to discredit this result other than my own instincts.

PS. I am using ARX in my VW eurovan which is mega dirty.
gr_eek2.gif

I sort of believe this test, simply because some of the results Aaron is claiming conforms to my own experience. I am in the cleaning phase of the second cycle, and our Volvo feels noticably stronger. MPG is up 1 to 2 gallons on the highway. Both probably due to increased compression. However, my oil consumption is still at a moderate level. I'm hoping my main seal isn't ripped and only needs to be reconditioned. Cross my fingers.

kickster - You need to search on this forum for the beginnings of this test. Aaron and Frank (Auto-Rx) were not the best of buddies and possibly heading towards legal action. Neither was he my best mate. He was very umm how do you say anti RX. But and to his eternal credit as each phase of the test progressed he just put the results up. He let others make up their own mind. Go back and look at the early correspondence, you will be surprised IMO.

quote:

Originally posted by kickster:
I am ready to be flamed
smile.gif

gr_eek2.gif

So you have been following this test from before 8/03 when the dialog first started? It took you a long time to register and join the group.

Thats just crazy. Im speechless. I didnt even think AutoRX was this good! Cheers to Aaron for the test! And to Frank for an awesome product..

As I said this is my own personal feeling and nothing more. I have been in marketing business to know how things work. I have other things to say but I will keep my mouth shout
wink.gif

canada.gif

kickster -

It would benefit you and be entertaining to go back and search the old thread where Aaron and Frank went at it. It was pretty heated. My thoughts are that Aaron wanted to prove ARX DOESN'T work, and have concrete evidence to back up his claims.

But in his test, you could almost see people from both sides, reconsider and change their opinions. Aaron obviously proved to himself and others, that ARX works. And some of us ARX die-hards were actually taken by surpirse that his engine wasn't spotless after the first dose.

I my opinion Aaron did us all a great favor by conducting this test.

WOW.

I wish you would have backed up this test with the 3rd party oil analysis to give kickster the warm and fuzzies.

Amazing.

Aaron, thanks for being honest.

Sincerely, Terry

Dyson Analysis

Looking at the before and after, I'm amazed. I had confidence that ARX could clean the ringpack and remove sludge deposits, but I never thought ARX could clean the varnish from the head.

The second pic almost looks as if there is no oil film on any of the head parts, or is this simply the camera angle and lighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back