AMSOIL API certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was puttering around in the garage this morning and I was reading the labels on some oil bottles and I noticed my AMSOIL SSO 5W-30 did not bear the API starburst.

It's a simple question and there is no need for anyone to get their hackles up, regardless of whether you use their products or not, but are AMSOIL's products not API certified?

None of them were....then they started using a packaged additive package from Luberzoil and they could...by default...then state they were API certified.

Non the less....Big Al did not want to pay for the Certs...he thought it was good money thrown out the door. All the way back to the beginning of Amsoil product line....any of them passed (way past) any certfication specs OEM's wanted.

With that said, (The Kids) that have started to run the company have pushed for total certification including ISO's and any other outside source to make em look good. Difference in Generation thought process's.

Use it. In correct grade for your app, its a reputable oil that has a big following and I havent heard of someones car blowing up because of any Amsoil.

Some things dont have a starburst and are really, really good oils (Amsoil, Redline come to mind)

Amsoil's OE and XL line of oils are API approved, good for people worried about warranty issues. Signature series oils are top tier in quality but not API approved. Im sure they would surpass approval requirements very easily if subjected to them. I don't blame Amsoil for not getting all the motor oil approved as it is quite expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back