ford motorcraft full synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive had plenty of use from the motorcraft semi-synthetic in the past, excellent oil. but i saw some full synthetic listed on the motorcraft site. pepboys carries it as well. anyone have any info on it? i searched, but found little to none on the Full synthetic version.

I would be willing to bet that Motorcraft syn and ConocoPhilipp's flagship Kendall GT-1 syn are near clones of each other with the exception of some tradeoffs in formulating around Kendall's titanium.

The smaller police agencies in Miami-Dade and Broward County who do not have fleet service and go to Ford for service have been using 5W20 Motorcraft Full Synthetic for years with no issues..The bulk of those cars never see highway driving..They service them every 5K miles.

I generally switch from Motorcraft 5W20 Blend to Motorcraft 5W20 Full Synthetic every other oil change.

It is now available in bulk. Might check to see if your local Ford dealership stocks it. Also available by the quart. Get some five quart jugs and have your dealership fill with bulk.

The last time I saw it, I think was on AAP clearance. I ran it once. I never found it again. I wouldn't want to pay dealership prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back