Amsoil Signature 5W20 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a VOA of Amsoil's Signature Series 5W20. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
Link

Code:

OIL Amsoil Signature Series 5W20

MILES IN USE 0

MILES 0

SAMPLE TAKEN 10/10/12

ALUMINUM 0

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 0

COPPER 0

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 166

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 1

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 0

BORON 253

SILICON 2

SODIUM 4

CALCIUM 4328

MAGNESIUM 22

PHOSPHORUS 805

ZINC 895

BARIUM 0

INSOLUBLES 0.3

WATER 0

FLASHPOINT ºF 425

SUS VIS 210ºF 54.6

cSt @ 100ºC 8.64

TBN 12.4

I noticed that the insols in your code block show %0.3, but the image of the B-S report says %0.0. Thanks for sharing, too!

Last edited:
Looks insanely stout for an extended drain oil.

8081298560_18a1084562_b.jpg

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Thanks for sharing.

Old-style formulation with an overdose of calcium.

+1

Looks like they may have increased Ca levels.

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Thanks for sharing.

Old-style formulation with an overdose of calcium.

+1

Looks like they may have increased Ca levels.

Actually, Amsoil also started putting in a significant amount of Moly that wasn't there before.

How high do you think the sulfated ash levels would be for this oil?

I am currently using this oil in my 2012 Ford Fusion Sport, no issues or concerns so far. I should have a UOA by December.

The Amsoil SS line of oils are almost overkill for every application...most would have a hard time using this oil to it's 'full' potential...it could almost be a lifetime fill in some applications.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
The Amsoil SS line of oils are almost overkill for every application...most would have a hard time using this oil to it's 'full' potential...it could almost be a lifetime fill in some applications.

Ughhh I don't think so. LOL. I've seen this oil used up by 10k miles in some cars. Great oil no doubt though.

So is the Moly and Boron making up for not having higher zddp levels?

What about the calcium? what doe it do? Tons of it there.

I plan on running the Amsoil 5w20 signature oil in my 2001 Ranger 2.3L DOHC next two OCIs, starting about April/June'ish depending when my Redline fill is spent.

Quote:
What about the calcium? what doe it do? Tons of it there.

The calcium is a multifunctional additive: a detergent, friction modifier (along with the moly), and is "basic" which means it is an acid fighter which keeps the TBN up there.

Last edited:
Thanks MolaKule. I see that my other questions were answered in the Blackstone comments.

Wow, and I thought Valvoline had a lot of calcium at 2110 ppm (NextGen MaxLife).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back