Cleaning fuel injectors - is it really needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ddub, found a place with Redline stuff - $8.50 / can. Going to get some. He says its highly regarded stuff.

Originally Posted By: Carnoobie
Need to get 2nd opinion and make sure im not taken for a ride but this shop is trying to sell me fuel injecter service for $150 and takes 30mins.

He says should be done every 30k km and ive never had it done on my car.
I got mine cleaned and flow tested at {removed non site sponsor link} for 4 it was only 68.00 or so. That's if you don't mind taking them off the vehicle.This was for 4 of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 290+k miles LS400 and 140+k miles 430 never had fuel injector service other than Techron fuel system cleaner every 2 years before smog test.

Fuel quality is better the last 10-15 years then before.

Originally Posted By: AVB
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Do it for max gas mileage.

If thats it, then i see no point. Im already getting max milage 600-650km/tank.

Reason i ask is cause i mentioned about cleaning the throttle body and then they said if you do that, then do the entire fuel injector cleaning cause the carbon buildup will just end up going to the injectors anyways.

I would say that is false.

thats what i thought too! How does cleaning the throttle body with carbon combustion cleaner not get the carbon out from the lines? But he said you should do the full fuel injector service. I think hes just trying to upsell me.

He just said do it and my car will feel like the day it was new with the extra response and power.

tumblr_ma5u5pmzDW1r9px83.gif

Seems legit.

If this is the same place where you get the ATF changed every 6 months, they might think you are an easy upsell.

Originally Posted By: R2d2
Originally Posted By: ARB1977
143K on my Tacoma with no fuel injector service other than fuel injector cleaners every oil change. To date no issues.

But fuel injector cleaning will bring your engine performance back to new.

You should save your money and spend on it a new pair of shoes. If you ever get a job and move out of your parents basement that is.

I disagree. Spend all the money you can on fuel injector cleaning and trans services. Spend so much that you have to sell your computer and disconnect your internet access. Please.

C-MON people be nice to the troll ! awfull lot of jokes and crude things being said in this thread... and i agree with most of them..

NOOB, the amount of time you spend on BITOG posting these fishing threads instead of going out and looking for true gainfull employment is sad, let me help you out..

#1 get a real job.
#2 move out of the basement.
#3 go make a friend or three..
#4 in a year from now update us on your achievement and post a heartfelt appology thread to all BITOG'ers FOR ALL the fishing/trolling threads you posted.

#5 have a coke and a smile.

Amsoil PI in the tank and Amsoil Power Foam in the intake. Cheaper and will likely give better results anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back