Duralt Super Fuel Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the forum and am wondering if anyone knows or have used this product? http://www.buyduralt.com/ It is designed to be used in gasoline and diesel engines. It appears to be marketed towards the commercial trucking industry and fleet operations.

I have only used Amsoil PI and Techron fuel additives.

Snake oil!

Don't you think the auto manufacturers and diesel fleet operators would be requiring this stuff if it truly realized an 8% savings in fuel economy? It would be a lot easier than what automakers are now doing to increase fuel economy. I think the ferderal government and/or API would mandate this in gasoline formulation (with my backing, and the backing of the entire populace) for the public good.

But this isn't happening because the stuff doesn't work. You gotta pay attention to reason.

I wouldn't be so quick to label it as snake oil. I've used it, when I lived in Colorado and currently now that I live in California, and it definitely made a difference in how my car ran. Definitely made regulare 'seem' to perform like premium.

Stinks to hi heaven, though, and don't overtreat. I think it contains MMT, but I'm not certain. You'll also get wierd colorization on your spark plugs with repeated use, so you'll have to clean them occassionally. I still have one bottle left, and I use it when the weather gets extremely hot here in the Inland Empire of SoCal.

I wouldn't mind if Molakule or some other knowledgeable person could comment.

quote:

Originally posted by Kestas:
Snake oil!

Don't you think the auto manufacturers and diesel fleet operators would be requiring this stuff if it truly realized an 8% savings in fuel economy? It would be a lot easier than what automakers are now doing to increase fuel economy. I think the ferderal government and/or API would mandate this in gasoline formulation (with my backing, and the backing of the entire populace) for the public good.

But this isn't happening because the stuff doesn't work. You gotta pay attention to reason.

NO. Auto manufacturer never get into recommending anything. It is not their job.
Fleet manager use the same logic as you by saying that if it was so great then other fleets would already be using it. They assume snake oil and don't even bother to read about anything new much less test it out. Also, saving money is not in their job description. They look to purchase the cheapest of the products that they currently use.

Auto makers (US Big three) appear to put forth minimal effort toward energy conservation. I suspect that board members for the big three also sit on the boards of oil companies. Witness the Volkwagon diesels and Hondas new diesel (75mpg) as to what we could be producing if the big three wanted to.

As for the federal government doing anything that would cause problems for the profits and control over gasoline prices for the oil companies, don't count on them siding with the consumers. You will lose every time.

What does reason have to do with the behavior of the government and big business?

I know from experience that there are some products out there that work. Why manufacturers and fleets don't use them is beyond reason. You go try to figure it.

Want fuel economy? Get a ScanGauge and see how much fuel it saves when you do things like:

1)Use cruise control (or maintain a steady speed)

2)Take the foot off the gas well before you get to the the red light up ahead

3)Shift at a lower RPM (if you have a manual transmission).

http://www.scangauge.com

Axjohn, the only quantification or positive statement you could make on Duralt was that "..it made regular 'seem' to perform like premium". What does this mean? Premium wouldn't make any difference on any car than runs on regular... none that I would notice. Good maintenance and repair of bad and worn out parts are all an engine needs to run at top performance.

I still contend that if a product was truly worth its cost in saving a person money, word would get around and it would be very difficult to suppress that kind of information.

I agree that there are diesel products out there for the public to take advantage of, but I don't blame the manufacturers for its lack of acceptance. The average consumer simply chooses not to buy one because of the down side to diesels.

I'm curious which other products are out there that fleet managers should be using but choose to ignore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back