Best Throttle Body Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, what brand of throttle body cleaner do you guys like? I have a bottle of deep creep but I feel like it does more lubcricating then cleaning. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted By: Loobed
CRC Throttle Body Cleaner.

I also use their MAF Sensor cleaner.

This.

Originally Posted By: riff1006
I've used brake cleaner, a rag, and a toothbrush with good results.

I'd be careful using brake cleaner. Some vehicles have a Teflon coating on the throttle plate and brake cleaner might remove that. Regular carb cleaner should not be used for the same reason. Also, brake cleaner doesn't contain any lubricants, whereas dedicated TB cleaners do.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D

This.

X2

Whatever is on sale. However, I do agree that the CRC products are top notch. Especially their MAF cleaner.

Same here. They should sell them as a package deal, like 3M sells their engine products.
wink.gif

If the coatings were so great and need to be preserved, they why is there build up on them?
CArb cleaner manually is what I use. Brake cleaner is safer.

Thats about what my instructor said one time. I think he said if it is non stick how do the get it to stick in the first place.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
If the coatings were so great and need to be preserved, they why is there build up on them?
CArb cleaner manually is what I use. Brake cleaner is safer.

The gunk would probably be harder to remove without a coating on the throttle plate; it's going to accumulate either way. I have also read that the Teflon prevents the throttle plate from freezing shut or sticking. Ford felt it was important enough to warrant a sticker near the TB that specifically warns against removing the coating. That's enough for me to spend an extra dollar on something coating safe.

It may take longer to build up with the coating, but I haven't found it to make cleaning any easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back