Which New Battery For 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 82 year old mom has a 2004 mercury grand marquis with 45,000 miles looks and runs new and the original battery is original motorcraft which is in perfect condition. we tested it under load and all..I want to replace the battery before there is a problem what make would you get i like the auto zone gold what is your opinion.... I dont want anything crazy just a regular good battery.
Its a toss up between auto zone and advance we do a lot of business with them and get great discounts..
No sears!

Last edited:
That will probably do well for her. They put a really big battery in these things. Before 98 only PI and TOW package got the Group 65 and everything else got a 58.

Im surprised you got so long out of it. I have not heard of an OE Ford battery lasting like that in awhile. Mine was cooked by 12/08 in my '04 CV. I put an Exide nEverStart in it. I have discount and not a whole lot of money at the time. That failed 10/10 and was replaced by a JCI EverStart which is still good.

This summer I replaced the original Motorcraft battery in our 2004 Town Car with the AutoZone Gold. It was fairly expensive, but in the last 15 years I've put about twenty AutoZone Gold batteries in various cars without a single early failure.

Oddly enough, I also seriously considered AdvanceAP, but the closest one is 25 miles away. AutoZones are everywhere throughout the St. Louis metro area, and Missouri, the Midwest and beyond. If I do have a problem with a Zone battery I don't have far to go to get another. I can't say that about AdvanceAP.

The AutoZone Gold has the 3-year free replacement, 84 month pro-rated warranty, which some other brands offer, also. That and the easy availibility makes the few extra dollars the Zone gets for their Gold battery worth it to me.

Keith

Last edited:
Ford dealers can be pretty competitive on battery price. Costco have the best warranty. Advance is good with online coupon codes.

The Duralast Gold has a great warranty, priced competitively and Autozone stores are everywhere...seems like a good choice. I've been using the DL Golds with decent results.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Motorcraft BXT-65-750.

Call your local dealer and see what price they can give on this.

crazyoildude, Your mother has a 9 year old GM with the original battery that still works? I can understand you wanting to replace it as a preventive measure for your elderly mother, but why would you even think about another brand of battery besides a Motorcraft?

Originally Posted By: HM12460
...but why would you even think about another brand of battery besides a Motorcraft?

My thoughts exactly.

Whatever Sam's Club is carrying at the moment...

My 82 year old mom has a Energizer in her '03 Grand Marquis and I have one in my '98 as well(that replaced the original 12 year old Motorcraft, both batteries bought in '10)... These batteries were mfg'd by Jonson Controls who make Interstate, Die Hard, Motorcraft, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back