Springfield 1911

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been wanting a 1911 for some time now, got one this weekend
1911A1 "Loaded" Target Black Stainless.

ran two mag's through it and WOW, im in love with this .45
Can anyone suggest a good leather holster that they have had great success with ?

Ive been told that the stainless finish and the plastic paddle holsters dont always get along and id like to keep this one looking good.

Thanks

Last edited:
Congrats on your new purchase, that is one fine looking weapon! Glad to hear you really like how it shoots too. The 1911 has also been on my list for a few years now. Last thing I need is another semi-auto handgun, I think I'm at about a dozen. I do however own a Colt Government model 1911 chamberd in .22LR. It's a full size 1911 but you'd never know the difference just by a quick look that it's a .22. Have to see the bore. It was about $350 new and doesn't even put a scratch in the wallet to shoot. But, it's no 45 auto and that's the real deal. I do own a few other 45's but the 1911 is a must have for anyone serious about handguns. One of these days!!

Im somewhat familiar with your .22 I had a Taurus PT92 AFS 9mm and a interchangable barrell and magazine in .22 it was a fairly sweet rig.

There is so much availiable for 1911's its making my head spin.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
Been wanting a 1911 for some time now, got one this weekend
1911A1 "Loaded" Target Black Stainless.

ran two mag's through it and WOW, im in love with this .45
Can anyone suggest a good leather holster that they have had great success with ?

Ive been told that the stainless finish and the plastic paddle holsters dont always get along and id like to keep this one looking good.

Thanks

If you want a REALLY nice handmade leather holster try:

http://www.internationalhandgunleather.com/

I have two of them, I had to wait a little bit for them and I happened to be on vacation in Phoenix and picked them up in person. I got to tour the facially and the show room, its a VERY small operation and this guy has talent not to mention he is down to earth and honest. Before I placed my order and asked what one would be best for my Sig 1911 with rail that I carry, I planned on buying a more expensive one but I was told a cheaper one is more comfortable and a better seller, I got that one and my god its perfect!

I picked up Hogue Grips for $20 at a small local gun shop Saturday, and on my way home i stopped at Walmart.. would you believe they had a Black Hawk CQC Holster for a 1911 for $20-$23 bucks! I grabbed it up and took it home, LOVE IT, i cant believe that its only a $20 holster..Ubber nice, and has a retention screw so you can adjust.. seems like alot of holster for so little money, and the same thing goes for the Hogue Grips, WOW, what a completely different feel to my pistol now.. it lays in my hand so sweet.. who woulda thought for under $45 bucks i could pick up new grips and a Holster !

Its funny, the Holster are just on the other side of the isle from all the airsoft products, i wonder if thats a marketing ploy ? this holster could be used with a airsoft 1911.. although its clearly not a airsoft product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back